Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
James James is offline

Default Used Receivers ?

I am looking for a used stereo receiver, for my cabin location. I want a
quality receiver, not the junk from Circuit City, etc. I don't need
audiophile stuff, just something that exceeds klh, rca etc etc.

I am thinking that Denon might be a good choice. I would like at least 50
wants per channel. I have no interest in home theater or 5 channels, etc.
This is for stereo only.

My budget is $200-300.

What Denon model would be good for me? Is there another brand that I
should look for? What is a good online site for used stereo equipment ?

Thanks for any help !!

James

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
nebulax nebulax is offline

On Nov 3, 3:21 pm, "James" wrote:
I am looking for a used stereo receiver, for my cabin location. I want a
quality receiver, not the junk from Circuit City, etc. I don't need
audiophile stuff, just something that exceeds klh, rca etc etc.

I am thinking that Denon might be a good choice. I would like at least 50
wants per channel. I have no interest in home theater or 5 channels, etc.
This is for stereo only.

My budget is $200-300.

What Denon model would be good for me? Is there another brand that I
should look for? What is a good online site for used stereo equipment ?

Thanks for any help !!

James

Denon is generally good stuff. I'd also look for NAD, tho they tend to
lean more towards integrated amps than receivers.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:21:11 -0700, James wrote
(in article ):

I am looking for a used stereo receiver, for my cabin location. I want a
quality receiver, not the junk from Circuit City, etc. I don't need
audiophile stuff, just something that exceeds klh, rca etc etc.

I am thinking that Denon might be a good choice. I would like at least 50
wants per channel. I have no interest in home theater or 5 channels, etc.
This is for stereo only.

My budget is $200-300.

What Denon model would be good for me? Is there another brand that I
should look for? What is a good online site for used stereo equipment ?

Thanks for any help !!

James

Why don't you look around for a good, used tube receiver from HH Scott,
Fisher, Harman-Kardon, Sherwood, Marantz, et al. All standard parts, and much
better sound quality than from a piece of new gear in that price range.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
CJT CJT is offline

Sonnova wrote:
[...]

Plus, you can use it for a space heater this winter.

Posted to rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Sonnova wrote:

Why don't you look around for a good, used tube receiver from HH Scott,
Fisher, Harman-Kardon, Sherwood, Marantz, et al. All standard parts, and much
better sound quality than from a piece of new gear in that price range.

I personally doubt that they'll have _better_ sound quality. They may have a
'valve tone' which is fine if you like that kind of thing.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:37:35 -0800, CJT wrote
(in article ):

Sonnova wrote:
[...]

Pshawww! Tube receivers don't get THAT hot.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
rppb rppb is offline

I would check out harmanaudio on Ebay. They sell reconditioned receivers
with the full warranty.
"James" wrote in message
. ..

I am looking for a used stereo receiver, for my cabin location. I want a
quality receiver, not the junk from Circuit City, etc. I don't need
audiophile stuff, just something that exceeds klh, rca etc etc.

I am thinking that Denon might be a good choice. I would like at least
50
wants per channel. I have no interest in home theater or 5 channels,
etc.
This is for stereo only.

My budget is $200-300.

What Denon model would be good for me? Is there another brand that I
should look for? What is a good online site for used stereo equipment ?

Thanks for any help !!

James

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Simpson Simpson is offline

James wrote:
I am looking for a used stereo receiver, for my cabin location. I want a
quality receiver, not the junk from Circuit City, etc. I don't need
audiophile stuff, just something that exceeds klh, rca etc etc.

I am thinking that Denon might be a good choice. I would like at least 50
wants per channel. I have no interest in home theater or 5 channels, etc.
This is for stereo only.

My budget is $200-300.

What Denon model would be good for me? Is there another brand that I
should look for? What is a good online site for used stereo equipment ?

Thanks for any help !!

James

If you don't need AM, look at an Advent 300.
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Bobbyg1967 Bobbyg1967 is offline

Bad news, DENON = Designed and Engineered Not to Operate Normally

How do I know this?.....repairing Denons for 21 years.

If I were you, I would look at a Yamaha ( bought a HT receiver for myself
and couldnt be happier ). Their older Yamaha recievers DO have a slightly
smoother sound to them, but they are solid and non- fatiguing.

My other choice would be NAD....but that is a distant second.

BG67

. ..