Karl Moser

Default will cubase run digi 888's???

Hey everyone,
Im a regular visitor here and although this is my first posting that is not
due to a lack of interest but more to do with the fact that i can usually
find what i need by looking around a bit.
Today however Im hoping to cut through the search a little by hoping that
one of the resident guru's can answer my question directly...
I am running Digidesign Pro Tools in my home studio, 2 x 888 to a mix core
card with a farm card off a PC running protools and Logic 5.51.
Not wishing to shell out the dollars to move to Apple after just investing
in a new PC (3.4 Gig P4, 2 gig Ram.. etc) a friend has suggested I consider
a move to Cubase Sx. I have been playing a bit with his version on Nuendo
(RME?) hardware, and think I could probably handle the move after a bit of
re-learning, however Im concerned that SX will not even so much as look at
my Protools hardware.....
Is this the case?
Hope someone can set me straight....

Great forum by the way.....