Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default SHM-CD, or Super High Material CD

Early on, I found an MP3 of this song, I enjoyed the long(er) tail ending. I could tell it was from an early CD by its (weak) waveform. Much later, it was issued on a fancy format (UMG) Japan SHM CD, but the waveform looked like what I already had! It was obvious the fancy format did nothing for audio quality! Had the audiophile pressing vinyl LP album, it didn't excite me.. Here it is as I'd expect it to sound. It took more than 3 seconds to enhance!...

Pablo Cruise....

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../whatchado.mp3

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 6:36:27 AM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
Early on, I found an MP3 of this song, I enjoyed the long(er) tail ending.. I could tell it was from an early CD by its (weak) waveform. Much later, it was issued on a fancy format (UMG) Japan SHM CD, but the waveform looked like what I already had! It was obvious the fancy format did nothing for audio quality! Had the audiophile pressing vinyl LP album, it didn't excite me.

Geez, it was an Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs LP I had. BORING. YUCK!

Jack

Here it is as I'd expect it to sound. It took more than 3 seconds to enhance!...

Pablo Cruise....

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../whatchado.mp3

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 6:36:27 AM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
Early on, I found an MP3 of this song, I enjoyed the long(er) tail ending.. I could tell it was from an early CD by its (weak) waveform. Much later, it was issued on a fancy format (UMG) Japan SHM CD, but the waveform looked like what I already had! It was obvious the fancy format did nothing for audio quality! Had the audiophile pressing vinyl LP album, it didn't excite me. Here it is as I'd expect it to sound. It took more than 3 seconds to enhance!...

Pablo Cruise....

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../whatchado.mp3

Jack

I feel MFSL decided this was a winner to offer on their label, because of the drummer. Well done!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis[_3_] Gareth Magennis[_3_] is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

Early on, I found an MP3 of this song, I enjoyed the long(er) tail ending. I
could tell it was from an early CD by its (weak) waveform. Much later, it
was issued on a fancy format (UMG) Japan SHM CD, but the waveform looked
like what I already had! It was obvious the fancy format did nothing for
audio quality! Had the audiophile pressing vinyl LP album, it didn't excite
me. Here it is as I'd expect it to sound. It took more than 3 seconds to
enhance!...

Pablo Cruise....

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../whatchado.mp3

Jack

Jack, take out some of that Mid, please.

You will then find you have a much cleaner palette to deal with.

I don't think you quite get this yet, despite the prompts.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 6:02:21 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

Early on, I found an MP3 of this song, I enjoyed the long(er) tail ending. I
could tell it was from an early CD by its (weak) waveform. Much later, it
was issued on a fancy format (UMG) Japan SHM CD, but the waveform looked
like what I already had! It was obvious the fancy format did nothing for
audio quality! Had the audiophile pressing vinyl LP album, it didn't excite
me. Here it is as I'd expect it to sound. It took more than 3 seconds to
enhance!...

Pablo Cruise....

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../whatchado.mp3

Jack

Jack, take out some of that Mid, please.

You will then find you have a much cleaner palette to deal with.

I don't think you quite get this yet, despite the prompts.

Personally, I love it just the way it is. Actually, I was going to add to the mids, prior to hearing the guitar work.

But thank you for the input!!

Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Well you do what you wanna do I guess.

Funny how everything you wanna do is just add stuff though.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

No, A LOT of material was never properly mastered, I just improve upon what the original lacked.

And this song was mixed and turned it into an abortion. You have to remember, McCartney wasn't approving anything at Abbey Road, some songs had way too much bass, and they admitted that. Now, you get to hear what the multi-tracks sound like. Wait till the orchestra bridge, it's will blow your mind. Oh, and far nicer stereo, tough of acoustic guitar. As they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andrun-rmx.mp3

Sir Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 6/13/2016 7:06 PM, JackA wrote:
A LOT of material was never properly mastered, I just improve upon what the original lacked.

So why ain't you rich?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Frequency response of typical JackA "remaster" - notice that
peak, right at 3.3kHz?...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Cropped .jpg
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 14/06/2016 00:06, JackA wrote:
No, A LOT of material was never properly mastered, I just improve upon what the original lacked.

NO, you trash whatever you touch.

And this song was mixed and turned it into an abortion. You have to remember, McCartney wasn't approving anything at Abbey Road, some songs had way too much bass, and they admitted that. Now, you get to hear what the multi-tracks sound like. Wait till the orchestra bridge, it's will blow your mind. Oh, and far nicer stereo, tough of acoustic guitar. As they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself...

You got that right. You mixed it and it trned into an abortion. It
sounds just fine as it came out of the mastering suite at the recording
studio.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andrun-rmx.mp3

Sir Jack

Ear shredding HF boost ruining the guitar sound, levels totally screwed
up. The middle bit of the envelope has been given the sausage treatment.
The original version sounds infinitely better.

Well done "Sir" Jack Ass. You'd better pray that Paul McCartney never
hears your version, or, as they say over your side of the pond, your ass
will be grass.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:32:01 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/13/2016 7:06 PM, JackA wrote:
A LOT of material was never properly mastered, I just improve upon what the original lacked.

So why ain't you rich?

Because, sir, I'm a few decades too late!!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 10:55:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Frequency response of typical JackA "remaster" - notice that
peak, right at 3.3kHz?...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Cropped .jpg

Your dunce cap!? :-)

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 3:58:59 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 14/06/2016 00:06, JackA wrote:
No, A LOT of material was never properly mastered, I just improve upon what the original lacked.

NO, you trash whatever you touch.

.... yet, I'm the only one will balls to post anything, while you people are embarrassed to.

And this song was mixed and turned it into an abortion. You have to remember, McCartney wasn't approving anything at Abbey Road, some songs had way too much bass, and they admitted that. Now, you get to hear what the multi-tracks sound like. Wait till the orchestra bridge, it's will blow your mind. Oh, and far nicer stereo, tough of acoustic guitar. As they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself...

You got that right. You mixed it and it trned into an abortion. It
sounds just fine as it came out of the mastering suite at the recording
studio.

What studio? There was more than one, smart-guy!! :-)

Jack (bringing life to past standards)

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andrun-rmx.mp3

Sir Jack

Ear shredding HF boost ruining the guitar sound, levels totally screwed
up. The middle bit of the envelope has been given the sausage treatment.
The original version sounds infinitely better.

Well done "Sir" Jack Ass. You'd better pray that Paul McCartney never
hears your version, or, as they say over your side of the pond, your ass
will be grass.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[...]

I see. So when Sterling Sound enhances audio like I do, that is totally acceptable to you! See, you first have to understand what "remastering" people do, that attracts attention, so they profit! I don't make a dime, I just show them I can do better. Stick around, I may show you a trick or two

Jack
http://sterling-sound.com/
Think that was the home of Mr. Loudness Wars, Bobby Ludwig.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 6:36:27 AM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
Early on, I found an MP3 of this song, I enjoyed the long(er) tail ending.. I could tell it was from an early CD by its (weak) waveform. Much later, it was issued on a fancy format (UMG) Japan SHM CD, but the waveform looked like what I already had! It was obvious the fancy format did nothing for audio quality! Had the audiophile pressing vinyl LP album, it didn't excite me. Here it is as I'd expect it to sound. It took more than 3 seconds to enhance!...

Pablo Cruise....

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../whatchado.mp3

Jack

WAS going to post how it originally sounded, but Angelfire host is DOWN!

Jack