Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Cassette deck or player with line out

Ed Wicks wrote:

Will appreciate recommendation and source for cassette deck/player with line
out. Want to go from line out to line in on my Edirol R-09 digital recorder.

** So you have not heard of Ebay ??

..... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 01 Sep 2016, Phil Allison wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Ed Wicks wrote:

Will appreciate recommendation and source for cassette
deck/player with line out. Want to go from line out to line in on
my Edirol R-09 digital recorder.

** So you have not heard of Ebay ??

Ebay gives recommendations???
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nil wrote:

Will appreciate recommendation and source for cassette
deck/player with line out. Want to go from line out to line in on
my Edirol R-09 digital recorder.

** So you have not heard of Ebay ??

Ebay gives recommendations???

** The OP asked for a source of supply.

He will have to take his chances on an old cassette deck - any of which will have line outs.

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Ed Wicks wrote:

Will appreciate recommendation and source for cassette
deck/player with line out. Want to go from line out to line in on
my Edirol R-09 digital recorder.

** So you have not heard of Ebay ??

Ebay gives recommendations???

Band: B. A. Pro, we are here to record our album, what is the problem!!??
Engr: Look, the auction is about to end on the tape recorder, come back later!!
Band: [rolls eyes]

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 01 Sep 2016, Phil Allison wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Will appreciate recommendation and source for cassette
deck/player with line out. Want to go from line out to line in
on my Edirol R-09 digital recorder.

** The OP asked for a source of supply.

The OP asked for recommendations. Either you only read half his post or
you posted only to be snotty about it.

He will have to take his chances on an old cassette deck - any of
which will have line outs.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 9/1/2016 12:52 PM, Nil wrote:
The OP asked for recommendations. Either you only read half his post or
you posted only to be snotty about it.

It's really hard to make recommendations without knowing the purpose and
the budget. Not everyone needs a Dragon. The best value in a cassette
deck is the one that's in the best condition, and condition isn't really
a function of how good it was when it came out of the box.

And, by the way, the "nominal" line input level is 0 dBu, but the record
volume control works on the line input as well as the mic input. There's
almost certainly some room to turn the line input gain up a bit, since
the manual, in the section about "Recording from cassettes or CDs,"
shows a CD player connected to the Line Input jack. What he's likely to
need is an adapter or cable going from two RCA plugs to a stereo mini
phone plug.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ed Wicks[_3_] Ed Wicks[_3_] is offline

On Sep 1, 2016, Phil Allison wrote
(in ):

Ed Wicks wrote:

Will appreciate recommendation and source for cassette deck/player with

line
out. Want to go from line out to line in on my Edirol R-09 digital

recorder.

** So you have not heard of Ebay ??

.... Phil

Thanks to all for help and info. I can see that I may have given inadequate
info about my project. I have heard of Ebay, but descriptions and pics do not
indicate presence of line out. I did not know that most decks have that
capability. I am ready to proceed. Ed

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 01 Sep 2016, Mike Rivers wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

It's really hard to make recommendations without knowing the
purpose and the budget. Not everyone needs a Dragon. The best
value in a cassette deck is the one that's in the best condition,
and condition isn't really a function of how good it was when it
came out of the box.

The Dragon was a valid suggestion, especially since he never mentioned
a budget. The Tascam was good, too. I have dual-well Tascam (I forget
the model) that would be good, too, since the azimuth can be adjusted.
It didn't cost me much and it's built solid.

And, by the way, the "nominal" line input level is 0 dBu, but the
record volume control works on the line input as well as the mic
input. There's almost certainly some room to turn the line input
gain up a bit, since the manual, in the section about "Recording
from cassettes or CDs," shows a CD player connected to the Line
Input jack. What he's likely to need is an adapter or cable going
from two RCA plugs to a stereo mini phone plug.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nil wrote:

Will appreciate recommendation and source for cassette
deck/player with line out. Want to go from line out to line in
on my Edirol R-09 digital recorder.

** The OP asked for a source of supply.

The OP asked for recommendations.

** The OP asked for a source.

Either you only read half his post

** No, I merely half answered it.

I have no intention of recommending any tired old cassette deck to anyone.

And nor should you.

..... Phil

or
you posted only to be snotty about it.

He will have to take his chances on an old cassette deck - any of
which will have line outs.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Ed Wicks wrote:

Thanks to all for help and info. I can see that I may have given inadequate
info about my project. I have heard of Ebay, but descriptions and pics do not
indicate presence of line out. I did not know that most decks have that
capability.

** All of them do - how do you imagine signals get out of the deck and into an amplifier ?

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

On 9/1/2016 12:52 PM, Nil wrote:

It's really hard to make recommendations without knowing the purpose and
the budget. Not everyone needs a Dragon. The best value in a cassette
deck is the one that's in the best condition, and condition isn't really
a function of how good it was when it came out of the box.

Everybody needs azimuth control. Not everybody needs a Dragon, but if it's
a paying gig the Dragon will pay for itself in a dozen tapes.

And, by the way, the "nominal" line input level is 0 dBu, but the record
volume control works on the line input as well as the mic input. There's
almost certainly some room to turn the line input gain up a bit, since
the manual, in the section about "Recording from cassettes or CDs,"
shows a CD player connected to the Line Input jack. What he's likely to
need is an adapter or cable going from two RCA plugs to a stereo mini
phone plug.

Welcome to the lovely world of consumer reference levels. Made worse of
course by cassette decks never being set to proper fluxivity anyway so
the levels to tape are all over also.

God how I hate cassettes.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 3:15:50 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 9/1/2016 12:52 PM, Nil wrote:
The OP asked for recommendations. Either you only read half his post or
you posted only to be snotty about it.

It's really hard to make recommendations without knowing the purpose and
the budget. Not everyone needs a Dragon.

I wouldn't mind having a fire-breathing Dragon, especially in Usenet!
But, they have been outlawed, Global Warming, you know.

Jack

The best value in a cassette
deck is the one that's in the best condition, and condition isn't really
a function of how good it was when it came out of the box.

And, by the way, the "nominal" line input level is 0 dBu, but the record
volume control works on the line input as well as the mic input. There's
almost certainly some room to turn the line input gain up a bit, since
the manual, in the section about "Recording from cassettes or CDs,"
shows a CD player connected to the Line Input jack. What he's likely to
need is an adapter or cable going from two RCA plugs to a stereo mini
phone plug.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 02 Sep 2016, Phil Allison wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I have no intention of recommending any tired old cassette deck to
anyone.

And nor should you.

Well, aren't you just the most precious thing?! We're so very lucky to
have you to guide us through life.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nil wrote:
On 02 Sep 2016, Phil Allison wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I have no intention of recommending any tired old cassette deck to
anyone.

And nor should you.

Well, aren't you just the most precious thing?! We're so very lucky to
have you to guide us through life.

Don't bait Phil.

Cassettes should only be used because you have to.
I say this as the owner of a lot of cassettes.

--
Les Cargill