dickydoo

Default Amp Left Channel problem

Stereo amp has no output on left hand side untill I short the tip and sleeve
with my fingers [ left input ] it then works fine. I have checked the
speaker relays and they seems to operate okay.

Barry Mann

In , on 10/28/03
at 11:54 PM, "dickydoo" said:

Stereo amp has no output on left hand side untill I short the tip and
sleeve with my fingers [ left input ] it then works fine. I have
checked the speaker relays and they seems to operate okay.

There is a bad connection somewhere, I would check the speaker relay
again. If it still seems OK, check it again.

Give the amplifier board a VERY close visual inspection. A few minutes
of inspection can save hours of troublshooting time. If the amplifier
output goes through an auxiliary board or two on the way to the speaker
terminals, check them too.

SPAM:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)
[sorry about the puzzle, SPAMers are ruining my mailbox]

dickydoo

I have checked all the ribbon connections and checked for loose boards.I
cant see any dry joints or feel any overheating . I will replace the speaker
relay.I just needed someone else to confirm my opinion , thanks .
"Barry Mann" wrote in message
om...
In , on 10/28/03
at 11:54 PM, "dickydoo" said:

Stereo amp has no output on left hand side untill I short the tip and
sleeve with my fingers [ left input ] it then works fine. I have
checked the speaker relays and they seems to operate okay.

There is a bad connection somewhere, I would check the speaker relay
again. If it still seems OK, check it again.

Give the amplifier board a VERY close visual inspection. A few minutes
of inspection can save hours of troublshooting time. If the amplifier
output goes through an auxiliary board or two on the way to the speaker
terminals, check them too.

SPAM:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)
[sorry about the puzzle, SPAMers are ruining my mailbox]

dickydoo

I have checked all the ribbon connections and checked for loose boards.I
cant see any dry joints or feel any overheating . I will replace the speaker
relay.I just needed someone else to confirm my opinion , thanks .
"Barry Mann" wrote in message
om...