Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Big Tim

Default Mixing desk info request

Hi, I'm making the step up from basic home recording to a more
substantial setup. It's still very basic (I wouldn't even go as far as
to call it a studio) but I've been accumulating some fairly cheap gear
to get started with. The aim is to replace with better gear as time and
funds allow. It's good enough to get an idea of what I'm doing in a
learn-as-you-go kind of way.

Anyhoo, the main reason for this post is that I've managed to get my
hands on a Teac "Tascam series" M-15 desk. 24 channel, 8 bus, looks its
age but has been reasonably looked after and supposedly everything
works, although I haven't fully tested it yet. It's certainly been used
til very recently in a local recording studio (they got rid of because
they were upgrading).

However I'm struggling to find any info or a manual or anything about
this desk. The internet seems pretty sparse and I'm not sure where to
look for companies or organisations who might be able to help.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the desk, or any suggestions where I
might be able to get more info?

Thanks in advance,

Tim