gil

Default Amplifier modifications help

Just got a garage sale special...a Kenwood KA-87 100w per channel
stereo amp, couldn't pass it up but got home and connected a pair of
speakers and a cd player and it leaves a lot to be desired, strong
sound but very forward and not too much definition, depth and not very
crisp.

Are there any mods....replace some caps, resistors etc that would
improve the sound? I have nothing to loose here since I invested only
$5 on it.

Thanks in advance...gil
Michael McKelvy

"gil" wrote in message
om...
Just got a garage sale special...a Kenwood KA-87 100w per channel
stereo amp, couldn't pass it up but got home and connected a pair of
speakers and a cd player and it leaves a lot to be desired, strong
sound but very forward and not too much definition, depth and not very
crisp.

Are there any mods....replace some caps, resistors etc that would
improve the sound? I have nothing to loose here since I invested only
$5 on it.

Thanks in advance...gil

Amps that are working correctly don't do what you describe. Have it checked
to see if it's performing properly and if it is the problem is likely you're
used to something that wasn't working properly. Reverse engineering tends
to be a waste.