Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Mastering TOO Loud

One of my favorite (1970) songs by Tyrone Davis. Seems the actual master tape was discovered, hence the longer (previously unpublished) fade. I'm GUESSING this was supposed to be the ALBUM version. I mean, if you remixed, why fade so soon? Sadly, like KMA dude even doesn't like, I believe, some brick-walling of sound (waveform damage). I knew I could add some valued key frequencies, re-size max. amplitude, and away went the brick-wall waveform look. Marvelous! Sadly, the RMS value was already way too high, and I added to it! So, I had to tone it down a lot! Sort of like I had to do with Bob Ludwig's "mastering". Clowns.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andsoftime.mp3

Jack

Mastering Too Loud JackA Pro Audio 26 June 2nd 16 11:06 PM
Do Most Mastering houses prefer to do Stem-mastering these days? Paul[_13_] Pro Audio 6 May 31st 14 04:28 AM
Mastering poor audio from loud concert? DJ_Strat Pro Audio 8 August 17th 06 05:21 PM
Why does it have to be SO F'ING LOUD? Tocaor Pro Audio 343 July 9th 05 03:23 AM
How loud is loud? Leoaw3 Pro Audio 4 March 27th 04 08:19 PM