MZ

yes i came up with 72k for making $50hr. so you shoulda been able to see
i deducted for taxes etc. but these experts started deducting taxes from
72k..loll..HahahaAHAHAHa....

It's pretty pathetic that you're now resorting to lying. It's especially
pathetic that you're lying even though the words you typed are still on
everybody's servers. Here's what you wrote (again):

"$50x30hrs=$1500 aweek......x48weeks=$72000 ayr."

Clearly you didn't say or mean that taxes were already deducted from your
calculations.

MZ

look thats why i used just 30hrs.. to take off 25% taxes etc.. geezzz
and i didnt count any over time.
youll make 3-5k on the side too. i didnt count that. $72000 is your take
home after all taxes n cost....at $50 an hour.

If you believe that, then you're an idiot. The fact that this has been
explained to you several times and that each time you ignore it proves that
you're dumb as a rock. Here, I'll say it again. Try to pay attention this
time.

If someone charges $50/hr to perform a service in his shop, then some of
that gets spent on tools (including test equipment, schematics, and whatever
else needs to be purchased to perform a repair), parts and materials that
are purchased but aren't charged to the customer (eg. components that are
replaced during diagnosis or even in error), and the legal aspects of
running a business including insurance, licensure/permits, lawyers, tax
experts like yourself, and so on. You also have to factor in the fact that
in any given week a tech may not have 40 hours of work coming his way.
People take vacations, people have family emergencies, and sometimes,
business is just slow. And this is assuming that a person is willing to
work out of his home. Many, if not most, folks rent shops to work out of,
either because they can't work out of their homes (eg. neighborhood or
zoning restrictions) or simply don't want to.

Are you currently equipped to perform these sorts of repairs? How much
money do you think you would have to invest to start your own repair
service? Are you able to front that money to take a chance on something
that may or may not pan out?

bob wald

i cut off 25% of the week to mean reduction of taxes usually at least
25%.
the week is 40hours..i know all this is fast for you but minus 25% where
ever you subtract it is the same reduction.i just did it up front rather
than at the end.

bob wald

first equipment costs reduce your taxes at yrs end..next people rent
shops not to pay property taxes too.also rent is tax deductable where
if you own your building its not. duhhhh
laffing....HAhAHAHahahA......

bob wald

my example holds up if you making $50 an hour youll make around $72000
ayr after taxes....working a 40hr week. 48-50wks ayr.
dont kow how many youll take off. maybe youll work 46wks. mess around do
afew side jobs those other 6weeks. these are just guesses.

bob wald

i cant believe this i tld you i'm a finance/tax guy but you try to tell
me about them.lol..LOL...lol

MZ

i cut off 25% of the week to mean reduction of taxes usually at least
25%.
the week is 40hours..i know all this is fast for you but minus 25% where
ever you subtract it is the same reduction.i just did it up front rather
than at the end.

Nice spin. Then why'd you cut off 4 weeks? To cover medical insurance?

Look, no one is buying any of your bull**** lines. Just give it up already.
You've gone from being a mere annoyance to a lying contrarian.

MZ

first equipment costs reduce your taxes at yrs end..next people rent
shops not to pay property taxes too.also rent is tax deductable where
if you own your building its not. duhhhh
laffing....HAhAHAHahahA......

Gee, that must mean rent and equipment is free, huh? Are you still
insisting that he pockets the $50/hr and has no other expenses? You can't
possibly be so stupid to expect that the government is subsidizing his
entire operation, right down to the solder, in the form of tax breaks. Oh
wait...yes you can. ahem (webtv)

MZ

"bob wald" wrote in message
these are just guesses.

That's the most accurate thing you've said this whole time. In the spirit
of being entirely truthful, you should have said "bad guesses."

Scott Gardner

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:18:54 -0400, "MZ"
wrote:

first equipment costs reduce your taxes at yrs end..next people rent
shops not to pay property taxes too.also rent is tax deductable where
if you own your building its not. duhhhh
laffing....HAhAHAHahahA......

Gee, that must mean rent and equipment is free, huh? Are you still
insisting that he pockets the $50/hr and has no other expenses? You can't
possibly be so stupid to expect that the government is subsidizing his
entire operation, right down to the solder, in the form of tax breaks. Oh
wait...yes you can. ahem (webtv)

And he keeps using "tax-deductible" as if it's the same thing as
"free" - it's not. If you're in the 30% tax bracket, and you have to
spend $2000 on basic equipment like an oscilloscope and signal
generator, you're still going to be out-of-pocket $1400 even after the
tax savings.

And I guess all those other things like bonding/insurance, medical
insurance, licensing fees, and disposal fees are free to begin with,
right?

--
Scott Gardner

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session." (Judge Gideon J. Tucker, 1866.)"

bob wald

one lil thing if the equipment costs you so much buy it use it 8months
n sell it before it loses too much value. plus after you use equipment
so long say 10months on alot of business.and you got all your money back
from using it making money then you get to have it free until you buy
again. theres lots of other ways to save on equipment too.you can put
ads to buy equipment.i'm sure some1 will find one and sell it cheap.lol

bob wald

i'm am so far ahead of you all on finances its really funnyy....
why cant you be man enough to admit you are wrong and i'm right.
i'm man enough to keep trying to explain things to you.without giving
up.

bob wald

most people take sick days n vacations.I didnt think no1 works 52wks.
any more....

bob wald

no everythings not free but does reduce the taxes....example all these
big singers/actors
fly around, drive these $150000 cars. stay in $300 anite hotels for 5-8
days x10-20 cities on tour, get all kinds of dental work n have
expensive cloths.
most of that reduces thier taxes......

bob wald

well i am bored with you. good luck making $50 an hour.lol
youll be wealthy where ever you live.
even after taxes.
i'd be rich by myself on $25 an hour.
i keep proving you wrong but you cant seem to learn from your
mistakes...
just remember if you cheat people itll come back on you some how.
either now or later.....
i'd give up car audio be4 pay some1 $50 an hour to install/repair my
stuff.

scott johnson

"bob wald" wrote in message
no everythings not free but does reduce the taxes....example all these
big singers/actors
fly around, drive these $150000 cars. stay in $300 anite hotels for 5-8
days x10-20 cities on tour, get all kinds of dental work n have
expensive cloths.
most of that reduces thier taxes......

But, it is still money out of pocket.

MZ

one lil thing if the equipment costs you so much buy it use it 8months
n sell it before it loses too much value. plus after you use equipment
so long say 10months on alot of business.and you got all your money back
from using it making money then you get to have it free until you buy
again. theres lots of other ways to save on equipment too.you can put
ads to buy equipment.i'm sure some1 will find one and sell it cheap.lol

Nothing needs service, nothing needs calibration, nothing needs upgrades, no
new equipment is ever needed, no tools are used, no consumables are
consumed. That's Bob's world.

By the way, how come you ignored my question about whether or not you could
start a repair business? Are you currently prepared to tie up several
thousand dollars up front?

Scott Gardner

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:00:17 -0400, "scott johnson"
(net) wrote:

"bob wald" wrote in message
no everythings not free but does reduce the taxes....example all these
big singers/actors
fly around, drive these $150000 cars. stay in $300 anite hotels for 5-8
days x10-20 cities on tour, get all kinds of dental work n have
expensive cloths.
most of that reduces thier taxes......

But, it is still money out of pocket.

Yep, it's not much of a help when you have to spend $10,000
out-of-pocket to reduce your taxes by $3000.

Of course, he's also the same "financial expert" that says it's okay
to spend 22% of your gross income each year on your car. Keep in mind
that the traditional limit for how much you should spend on a house
payment is only 28% of your gross income, and taxes routinely eat up
30% of your gross income. Put another 10% of your gross income in
savings and investments, and that accounts for 90% of your gross
income right off the bat.

I guess the other 10% is supposed to cover food, medical insurance,
vacations, repairs to the house, clothes, braces for the kids,
charitable donations, hobbies, and the hundreds of other little things
that families have to pay for each year.

Plus, he claims that $72,000 a year after taxes makes you "wealthy",
no matter where you live.

I wonder what color the sky is on his planet?

--
Scott Gardner

"If the pilot screws up, the pilot dies. If Air Traffic Control screws up, the pilot dies."

bob wald

dont waste time checking the fuses with a meter thats dum. just replace
them check the connections make sure theyre clean.
ot might be inside radio sub channel.or amp.

bob wald

very few people get rich off thier income.you haveta invest 17% as you
make it also..
that builds makes you rich after 18 yrs.
its not how much you make it want you do with what you got.....

bob wald

oh that spending $10000 to reduce ya taxes also makes ya income
too....plus its more like spend 10k reduce taxes 6k.plus that 10k makes
ya income.

bob wald

i said max 20% of a $20000 income to the car.
i said you making $50 an hour or $6000 amonth thp. youd have a hummer
or $700 amonth to your car.
$700 is not 22% of $6000 amonth...doohhomer

bob wald

yes on a average salery..like $10 a yr i think i said that once.....

bob wald

i also said these are estimates or just guessing...geezzzz
2k amonth = 24k a yr not 20k.....lol

bob wald

the 2k was the average monthly income here..not your $50 a hour income.
these are different things.....
i think you are mixing these up.''stop it''
that 2k is just a average income not based on $10 an hour. but i believe
$10 an hour is average alot of places.
i talking generally in most of my examples. stop trying to pin them down
to every nickel.
i just had 2 people this morning clean out alot of bushes/vines from the
front of m home. i paid them both for 1.5 hour $40......
i told them i'd pay around $35 but it was alil bigger than thought.
it was just grut work nothing realy tuff.
oh some hornets did sting one of them.

bob wald

look i bought this webtv when it first came out n i'm used to it.ill use
it since i already got it...
i bought a computer 3 yrs back but couldnt get use to it after webtv.
fyi.

Brandonb

MZ wrote:
Frankly, at this point I'm embarassed to be picking on him. It's like
criticizing Stephen Hawking for not being able to walk.

At least Stephen Hawking has redeeming qualities. Like brain-power. This
guy has little of that apparently. Its more like making fun of the guy
in the following link, and the caption seems to hold true to this thread
as well:

http://showcase.netins.net/web/kamikos/pics/arguing.jpg

Brandonb
MZ

i'd give up car audio be4 pay some1 $50 an hour to install/repair my
stuff.

Why don't you go do that? Start with this newsgroup. Troll elsewhere.

Chad Wahls

You got mail

Chad

"Christopher O'Callaghan" wrote in message
I have a diploma in electronic engineering. I'll probably be able to fix it
mself if its easy enough to see what the problem is... Anyone willing to
give me a few pointers on where to start?? What should I check first?

"Christopher O'Callaghan" wrote in message
So............ after all those replies, still no help in my situation at
all.... Is my amp fuct? is it repairable? how much am I looking at? I am
an engineer, would it be easy enough to pin point the problem??

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
.. .
Vivek Kapoor wrote:
It seems the only good thing left in this thread is Scott Gardner's
one liners. Keep it coming.

ROFLMAO ... thanks for the heads up, and here I was just reading the
replies :-)

--
Dan Snooks

bob wald

well i dont know how you could go less than $400 amonth car note n
insurance...plus maintance.

bob wald

lol.you kow i like this board..you all make me look super smart....ty

MZ

lol.you kow i like this board..you all make me look super smart....ty

Remind me again...you're the one who admitted to not being able to figure
out how to use a computer, right?

bob wald

like usual. WRONG again......

MZ

like usual. WRONG again......

Like usual, not quoting again. I have no idea what or to whom you're
replying to. Are you replying to me? If so, what did I say that was wrong?

You're starting to make me change my opinion about killfiles...

2 Motu 896s and sync probs Dave Walsh Pro Audio 2 January 4th 05 01:24 AM
Microcassette probs reqluq Pro Audio 1 June 22nd 04 04:06 PM
Impedance Probs Coyoteboy Tech 20 January 30th 04 06:06 PM
probs w/ audiobahn amp schwinn Car Audio 1 September 28th 03 07:39 AM
FA: Altec tube mic and Urei 1176, 3 days left Brian Birge Tech 1 August 7th 03 09:02 PM