Christopher O'Callaghan

Default Amp probs

I have a Audiobahn 4601T 4x75 amp. 2 channels run my front speakers, the
other 2 are bridged and run my sub... all was going well, listening to
music, went to work..... After I finished work I went to drive home, and
thee was a serious lack of bass... My sub stopped working; Went home checked
my amp, its still powering on, front speakers are still running so the amp
is still working, switched the rca cables around, front speakers worked with
either set... so its not the RCA cable.... checked the two fuses in the amp,
they both seem to be good.. I'm stuck, what happened? anyone have any ideas?
how can it be working grand and then after work not? nothing popped/burnt
out that I can see!!! Oh yeah also checked my sub by connecting it to a
1.5volt battery, the cone moved so I'm assuming the sub is still good?!?!
Thing is when I turn on my music, nothing happens at the sub, no sound, no
movement NOTHING!?!?!

Any help at all appreciated!!

Scott Gardner

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:37:32 +0100, "Christopher O'Callaghan"
wrote:

[...]

I would double-check the fuses. In fact, go ahead and pull them out,
look at them closely, and test them with an ohmmeter if you have one.

The fact that you're getting nothing from the subs at all makes me
suspect the amp fuse or the wiring between the amp and subs. Were
there any splices in the speaker wire between the amp and the sub that
could have come loose? If the fuse turns out to be good, you might
temporarily run a different length of speaker wire to your sub.

--
Scott Gardner

"Any event, once it has occurred, can be made to appear inevitable by a competent historian". - Lee Simonson

Christopher O'Callaghan

Hi thanks for the reply!! nah the wire from the sub to the amp is grand,
dunno whats up, ok I'll check the fuses properly... Yeah I was maybe
thinking I might of fuct the amp, but I dunno how thats possible cause it
just suddenly stopped working, its not as if I was using it when it
happened... its really confusing, my amp has protection mode as well. so if
the amp was running too high shouldn't of that kicked in???

thanks for the ideas anyways!

wrote:

[...]

bob wald

dont waste time checking the fuses with a meter thats dum. just replace
them check the connections make sure theyre clean.
ot might be inside radio sub channel.or amp.

joe.ker

"Christopher O'Callaghan" wrote in message
[...]

Either your sub is bad or the channel that runs the sub is bad.
try putting the sub on the front side of the amp. or try the sub on your
home stereo.

bob wald

get you 1 good 10' sub and hook it up. thenll youll know if its the amp
or sub...geezzzzz
i guess it could be the sub hook up from the radio too.

Christopher O'Callaghan

I took the sub out, and put my 6x9s onto it.. Seems to be one of my channels
is fuct. how's it happen though? My radio wasnt even playing! I would
understand if it happened midplay, music being too loud or me adding a
component which didn't agree with my system.. Any ideas on how to fix the
problem? Would the amp still be covered under guarantee?? its only 3 months
old!

"bob wald" wrote in message
get you 1 good 10' sub and hook it up. thenll youll know if its the amp
or sub...geezzzzz
i guess it could be the sub hook up from the radio too.

bob wald

i've noticed alot damage happens when turning on or off your
system.......
when turning on your car its better to turn off your stereo if its high
power.i got stickers all on my dash says danger high voltage dont touch
stereo.lol

MZ

.i got stickers all on my dash says danger high voltage dont touch
stereo.lol

Sounds like a classy ride.

2 Motu 896s and sync probs Dave Walsh Pro Audio 2 January 4th 05 01:24 AM
Microcassette probs reqluq Pro Audio 1 June 22nd 04 04:06 PM
Impedance Probs Coyoteboy Tech 20 January 30th 04 06:06 PM
probs w/ audiobahn amp schwinn Car Audio 1 September 28th 03 07:39 AM
FA: Altec tube mic and Urei 1176, 3 days left Brian Birge Tech 1 August 7th 03 09:02 PM