Sid Price

Default Live show music sequencing

Hello,

We perform shows with live birds that free fly over the audience and perform
other behaviors. Mostly we do not have the luxury of a sound engineer to be
triggering pre-recorded music for different show segments. I am looking for
a software application that will help with this situation. Basically we need
a track list, probably WAV files on a PC. Once a track is triggered it
should play, looping if necessary, until the next event trigger when a cross
fade should be done to the next track in the list. The event trigger can be
something like a mouse click or key press. Modification of a radio mouse to
perform the event trigger is one idea we had. Can someone point us to such
an application?

Thanks,
Sid.

http://www.AvianAmbassadors.com
Flights of Education.

Newsguy

"Sid Price" wrote in message
[...]

Try http://www.gameopscommander.com

Although it is not cheap, it will do exactly what you want and features an
incredibly simple interface.

Darren

Arny Krueger

"Sid Price" wrote in message

Hello,

We perform shows with live birds that free fly over the audience and
perform other behaviors. Mostly we do not have the luxury of a sound
engineer to be triggering pre-recorded music for different show
segments. I am looking for a software application that will help with
this situation. Basically we need a track list, probably WAV files on
a PC. Once a track is triggered it should play, looping if necessary,
until the next event trigger when a cross fade should be done to the
next track in the list. The event trigger can be something like a
mouse click or key press. Modification of a radio mouse to perform
the event trigger is one idea we had. Can someone point us to such an
application?

Most music players can do what you want, if you prepare your musical tracks
by looping them using an audio editor and then recording them in their
extended form.

BTW, musical tracks used in live shows are commonly extended by adding
silence at the end, so that there's no danger of running into the next song
unexpectedly.

Steve King

"Newsguy" wrote in message

"Sid Price" wrote in message
[...]

So, what is "not cheap"? I couldn't find a price on their web site.

Steve King

Newsguy

"Steve King" wrote in message
"Newsguy" wrote in message

"Sid Price" wrote in message
[...]

They have different pricing structures depending upon if you are an
educational institution, etc. You need to contact them directly for a
quote.

Darren

Rob Reedijk

Sid Price wrote:
Hello,

We perform shows with live birds that free fly over the audience and perform
other behaviors. Mostly we do not have the luxury of a sound engineer to be
triggering pre-recorded music for different show segments. I am looking for
a software application that will help with this situation. Basically we need
a track list, probably WAV files on a PC. Once a track is triggered it
should play, looping if necessary, until the next event trigger when a cross
fade should be done to the next track in the list. The event trigger can be
something like a mouse click or key press. Modification of a radio mouse to
perform the event trigger is one idea we had. Can someone point us to such
an application?

I would look at the Roland Phrase samplers---SP808, SP505, and SP606.
The 606 now comes bundled with software to allow you to edit on PC.
The nice thing about the Rolands is that you get a nice compact self
contained unit. And these are designed for live triggering of samples.

Rob R.