Tubehead

Default CD Architect equivalent for Mac?

I DO NOT want to re-visit PCvsMACvsPCvsMAc..... !.

I am an installation/integration/maintenance technician (and
Adjunct Instructor of Communications) at a state university site
responsible for audio production sftwe/hdwe support. The facilities
include 6 audio-post or music/audio production rooms with a full suite
of PC based Sonic Foundry (nee-Sony) sftwe. It includes continually
updated Sound Forge, Vegas, Acid Pro and CD Architect sftwe as well as
NR plug ins etc. Due to various influences other than my own, I will
be converting most of it to MAC / Pro Tools LE - Digi 02 systems. Only
somewhat familiar with MAC and PT, I look forward to ramping up on the
PT/MAC platform but I don't look forward to eliminating the familiar
PC/SF format. Space and budget constraints prevent dual format
suites.

My request for assistance is that although PT LE (digi-02)
reportedly will "replace" Sound Forge and Vegas, The Acid program is
to be replaced with a Soundtracks(sp) sftwe I'm not familiar with.
Currently all student production is prohibited from use of copyright
audio/music so stock Acid loop library production is used extensively
for bed music and dramatic music / ambience.
Will Soundtracks(sp) be a reasonable replacement for Acid?

More important to me is a suitable replacement for CD Architect on
the Mac/PT platform. I find CD ARCH. to be easily learned to
competency by students and the GUI is well layed out and intuitive. I
use it myself for both long form concert and long lecture mastering to
Redbook CDA and other CDA as well as many unusual archival masters and
PSA distribution for in-kind work with govt. agencies. What CD
mastering software "compares" with eae of CD Architect's GUI and will
run on MAC/PT platform as plug -in or stand alone?.

AGAIN -I DO NOT WANT A MACnoPCnoMACnoPC argument --- PLEASE!!. I
am the tech not the program director!.

Hardware consideration suggestions are welcomed but basically
G4orG5/ OSX(current applicable ver)can be assumed. I also maintain
analog and digital consoles and assist in the video production/editing
enginnering and maintenance.

I have updated the systems from the Scully's, 350's and Revox's to
ATR 4TK, F1/s, DAT's, Akai DR's, ADAT's and into the wonderful world
of software systems. I have always tried to impress the students (and
instructors) these are the TOOLS of audio production NOT the means. I
can still cut tape but I rather cut and paste any day. Although i must
admit, some recently baked transfers from circa' 1966 Scotch 201
masters sounded as good to me on the ATR as any 24/96 master I've
heard lately.

Thanks R