Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Seedhouse[_2_] Ed Seedhouse[_2_] is offline

Default Atlas amp, better with wood or cat

On Jan 25, 10:36=A0am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message
In article ,
ScottW wrote:

My Sansa clip with Sony MDR-EX85 buds (total cost about
$100) provides sound competetive with any hi-end system
the industry can offer.

Wow, that's quite a statement.

Probably not hype, given the range of performance that high end audio
equipment includes.

Well, I wouldn't claim "state of the art", but my rather more
expensive setup with an iPod "classic" and Sennheiser IE8 "in ear"
headphones is truly a "high end" experience for me. And it is
available on the bus.

The imaging is distorted of course, as with all earphones, and there
is no physical slam to the bass as there can be with a large
subwoofer, but there is plenty of bass, and deep bass at that, on
offer, along with very low distortion and detailed midrange and
treble. I find it sonically, for all practical purposes, at least the
equal of any "high end" setup using speakers I've heard anyway.

And as I said, I can experience this while riding the bus, at
considerable volumes and without disturbing anyone nearby.