RdM

Default LIES, DAMNED LIES, AND STATISTICS!

In Subject: WHY THE ENEMIES OF SOCIETY PERVERT THE LANGUAGE//Andr Jute
dated: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:00:05 +0200 (CEST)

Andre Jute states, for the first time, and in the general case[1]:

: I last contributed to RAT in December, eleven months ago.
: In the meantime there have been about 280 messages mentioning my
: name in 59 separate threads.

Where do you get your figures from? Source? Cites, please?

: Of the 280 messages fewer than a handful objected to the flood of
: vituperation on grounds of fairness, simple irrelevance, morality,
: or even the abusers getting their facts wrong.

Let's see proof of these "280 messages mentioning your name", first.
After all, you've based the whole recent campaign on this premise!

: All the rest were denigratory, abusive, vicious, slanderous, lying,
: just simply nasty.

Perhaps if you can provide a link showing them we can judge that ourselves.

Let's just have a look at how many there *really* were and how they compare
with the flood of vituperative, denigratory, abusive, vicious, slanderous,
lying, or simply nasty messages group members have had from you since.

http://tinyurl.com/uj2g

Oh! At worst, called an A**hole, troll, ******; once each! OOOH!!!
Most are in jest. One is a book reference. Fairly harmless stuff ....

Just 12 threads, 36 total messages mentioning the name
"Andre Jute" in the exact period of his most recent absence.
I don't count the sockpuppet appearing on the 10th of the 10th.
So, that could be just 12 messages - the rest may be quotes in replies.

Average of one a month and a free plug! Hardly a flood of anything!
In fact, you *could* say he was *almost* forgotten about, in the interim.

But that was "Andre" AND "Jute". Let's try "Andre" OR "Jute", to be sure.
http://tinyurl.com/uj2g

The count goes to 25/75, a couple even complimentary, one another Andre.
Big deal. Nothing very offensive or abusive there, in comparison, either.

"280 messages mentioning my name in 59 separate threads" ?

I find it hard to believe, myself, Mr. Jute, and you have chosen to attack.
Explain your assertion, and the reason for choosing to act as you have.

RdM
[1] One might note that this precesses to accusing anyone in particular!
- -
"The learned fool writes nonsense in better language
than the unlearned - but it's still nonsense."
- Benjamin Franklin

RdM

I made a typo:

: http://tinyurl.com/uj2g
- -
: But that was "Andre" AND "Jute". Let's try "Andre" OR "Jute", to be sure.
: http://tinyurl.com/uj2g
:
: The count goes to 25/75

The second URL should have been http://tinyurl.com/uji2