MartyMcLeod

Donna, you should be able to locate the alarm unit and disconnect it
fairly easily.

Look for the alarm "box" itself (usually the little black box) and
there will be one or two main connectors you can unplug. There might
be a few small connectors to remove and/or some wires to disconnect...

...generally no big deal, just hunting around under the dashboard and
carefully disconnecting the alarm unit itself is the issue at hand.

I used to do that sometimes at work--most people never bothered to find
it themselves and paid someone else to do what usually is 10-20 mins of
effort (ha ha). Car dealers were especially terrible with alarms!

Have a good weekend.

--
MartyMcLeod
MartyMcLeod's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34271

Donna

Default Car alarm question

Hi all. I posted this in another group and it was suggested to me that you
all might be the folks in the know. The problem is this: We have a
Prestige alarm installed in our Mustang, and it's malfunctioning
and driving us bats&%t. We've had to disconnect the car battery to get it
to shut off. It was professionally installed six years ago, and no,
stupidly, I lost the manual. I can't find the manufacturer online, and
lastly, there doesn't seem to be an alarm fuse by the car battery, so the
etools "how to remove a car alarm" instructions are useless. Help. Does
anyone know how to yank one of these?

Worst case scenario we'll have it towed to an alarm shop, but I'd really
like to avoid that. Any advice you could offer would be really great.

Donna

Tony F

If no one here can help, try www.the12volt.com. There's tons of alarm info
on the site.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

"Donna" wrote in message
Hi all. I posted this in another group and it was suggested to me that
you all might be the folks in the know. The problem is this: We have a
Prestige alarm installed in our Mustang, and it's malfunctioning
and driving us bats&%t. We've had to disconnect the car battery to get
it to shut off. It was professionally installed six years ago, and no,
stupidly, I lost the manual. I can't find the manufacturer online, and
lastly, there doesn't seem to be an alarm fuse by the car battery, so the
etools "how to remove a car alarm" instructions are useless. Help. Does
anyone know how to yank one of these?

Worst case scenario we'll have it towed to an alarm shop, but I'd really
like to avoid that. Any advice you could offer would be really great.

Donna

Spike

While you may not be able to find the Prestige alarm, isn't that the
one produced by Audiovox? They should still be around to contact.

Try www.audiovox.com and select the link to Prestige.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 00:12:53 GMT, "Donna"
wrote:

Hi all. I posted this in another group and it was suggested to me that you
all might be the folks in the know. The problem is this: We have a
Prestige alarm installed in our Mustang, and it's malfunctioning
and driving us bats&%t. We've had to disconnect the car battery to get it
to shut off. It was professionally installed six years ago, and no,
stupidly, I lost the manual. I can't find the manufacturer online, and
lastly, there doesn't seem to be an alarm fuse by the car battery, so the
etools "how to remove a car alarm" instructions are useless. Help. Does
anyone know how to yank one of these?

Worst case scenario we'll have it towed to an alarm shop, but I'd really
like to avoid that. Any advice you could offer would be really great.

Donna

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Donna

"MartyMcLeod" wrote in message
news:1115519095.a0e5f041eab3b556d439333f5dce1285@t eranews...

Donna, you should be able to locate the alarm unit and disconnect it
fairly easily.

Look for the alarm "box" itself (usually the little black box) and
there will be one or two main connectors you can unplug. There might
be a few small connectors to remove and/or some wires to disconnect...

..generally no big deal, just hunting around under the dashboard and
carefully disconnecting the alarm unit itself is the issue at hand.

Thanks, Marty. Quick follow up question ... The black box - that would be
about the size of a deck of cards, with the flashing light, correct? If
so, I know where that is (it's in plain view). I am concerned that if the
wires get snipped, the alarm would default to on. Is that incorrect?
(generally, generally -- I realize that you don't have amazing mental
abilities to see into the schematics of my alarm
system )

Thank you so much.

Donna

Donna

"Spike" wrote in message
While you may not be able to find the Prestige alarm, isn't that the
one produced by Audiovox? They should still be around to contact.

Try www.audiovox.com and select the link to Prestige.

Thank you VERY much! I didn't know Audiovox owns Prestige. That is a
great help. Thanks.

Donna

MartyMcLeod

Donna, it's better to unplug all the connectors you can, then snip what
you have to con insulate the ends.

You should be fine (just don't leave a wiring mess )

--
MartyMcLeod
MartyMcLeod's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34271
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=217150

Vestax05pro

If you do disconnect it, there's a caveat if they installed starter
disabled. You have to recrimp/solder the starter wire in order to start
your car.

--
Vestax05pro

Vestax05pro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...hp?userid=7766