Todd Kieffer

Default 1 terminal or 2?

I have a DVC sub each VC is 4 ohms. I also have a mono class d amp but it
has two speaker terminals. Should I run two wires one to each voice coil or
just run wire and hook both up to on terminal? Thanks

joe.ker

It doesn't matter. there both the same terminals internally

"Todd Kieffer" wrote in message
I have a DVC sub each VC is 4 ohms. I also have a mono class d amp but it
has two speaker terminals. Should I run two wires one to each voice coil or
just run wire and hook both up to on terminal? Thanks

Masterson

I don't think that's true at all.

A DVC sub generally had 2 separate Voice Coils.
The + on one voice coil will not have continuity to the other +.

My suggestion would be to run two wires from the amps +
to the sub (one to each + on the sub) and run two wires from
the amps - to each of the subs two -. This is called Parallel.
Your amp should be able to handle the 2 ohm load created.

It doesn't matter. there both the same terminals internally

SniffinPopRocks

"Masterson" wrote in message
I don't think that's true at all.

A DVC sub generally had 2 separate Voice Coils.
The + on one voice coil will not have continuity to the other +.

agreed

My suggestion would be to run two wires from the amps +
to the sub (one to each + on the sub) and run two wires from
the amps - to each of the subs two -. This is called Parallel.
Your amp should be able to handle the 2 ohm load created.

a larger, single wire(8 or 10ga) from the amp going to both coils can work
also and make for a cleaner looking install. I use single 8ga going to each
set of coils on my subs. ie, a single wire from the + on the amp going to
BOTH the + coils on the sub. and the same for the negative. same rules
apply, two 4ohm coils connected this way will make a 2ohm load.

It doesn't matter. there both the same terminals internally