Matt W.

Default 16 RPM Turntales?

Hi,

I have a considerable collection of Seeburg Background Music records.
These are 16 2/3 rpm records used in the Seeburg Background Music
System. I'd like to listen, and maybe, record these records.

Can anyone recommend a quality new or used turntable capable of
playing 16 2/3 rpm records?

Thanks,

Matt
Marcus

I have a considerable collection of Seeburg Background Music records.
These are 16 2/3 rpm records used in the Seeburg Background Music
System. I'd like to listen, and maybe, record these records.

Can anyone recommend a quality new or used turntable capable of
playing 16 2/3 rpm records?

Try searching for transcription turntables. There are two on this page: The
KAB Transcriber II
16" Transcription Turntable, and The Vestax BDT2500
3 Speed Turntable (variable speed down to 16 rpm):
http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?ttables.htm

Gene Poon

Matt W. wrote:

Hi,

I have a considerable collection of Seeburg Background Music records.
These are 16 2/3 rpm records used in the Seeburg Background Music
System. I'd like to listen, and maybe, record these records.

Can anyone recommend a quality new or used turntable capable of
playing 16 2/3 rpm records?

=====================

The Thorens TD-124. IF you can find a good used one, and someone who
can service it. Or, do it yourself. It is not really THAT difficult
but belts can be hard to get and the motor MUST be good.

Beware cartridges with a strong magnetic field; the TD-124 has a steel
platter that will attract a cartridge with stray magnetic field, mostly
moving coil types.

-GP

-Gene Poon
Mark Tranchant

Matt W. wrote:

Can anyone recommend a quality new or used turntable capable of
playing 16 2/3 rpm records?

Very used - my Goldring Lenco 88 (circa 1963) will play at 16rpm. Never
tried it, although it does a great job of 33/45/78 records. You should
be able to find various decent old decks that will do this speed.

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/
Cosworth

"Matt W." wrote in message
Hi,

I have a considerable collection of Seeburg Background Music records.
These are 16 2/3 rpm records used in the Seeburg Background Music
System. I'd like to listen, and maybe, record these records.

Can anyone recommend a quality new or used turntable capable of
playing 16 2/3 rpm records?

Thanks,

Matt

My Thorens TD124 will play 16 rpm records. There are almost always several
of them for sale on Ebay. Not cheap, but a great table if you can afford
it.

Bill Balmer