Robert Morein

Default Passenger Cat Stevens Gets Plane Diverted

In article ,
Jacob Kramer wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...rted&printer=1

Passenger Cat Stevens Gets Plane Diverted

1 hour, 25 minutes ago

By LESLIE MILLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine when
it was discovered that passenger Yusuf Islam — formerly known as
singer Cat Stevens — was on a government watch list and barred from
entering the country.

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.
jeffc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

He is suspected of being a fairly heavily contriubutor to Hamas.

Is there some particular reason jokers like you copy 1,000 lines and add 1
line?

Robert Morein

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

George, forgery. Please check headers.

Pooh Bear

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

Diverting an airliner and requiring an extra landing / take-off is
actually very expensive for the airlines.

Graham

Clyde Slick

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Is there some particular reason jokers like you copy 1,000 lines and add 1
line?

Yes, one might want to read what I have responded to.
Please note that I am normally in the habit of snipping
converstations 2 or more posts backwards, when that verbage
is not necessary as a reference to my response.

Clyde Slick

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote:

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

Diverting an airliner and requiring an extra landing / take-off is
actually very expensive for the airlines.

George's notation was in jest, the plane was actually headed for Dulles
(Washington, DC area), not Dallas, Texas.

Pooh Bear

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote:

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

Diverting an airliner and requiring an extra landing / take-off is
actually very expensive for the airlines.

George's notation was in jest, the plane was actually headed for Dulles
(Washington, DC area), not Dallas, Texas.

Yeah - I thought he was being dim.

I can only assume that it was Homeland Paranoia that insisted on the plane
setting down at nearest landfall, lest an dangerous musician set foot on US
soil.

Graham

jeffc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Is there some particular reason jokers like you copy 1,000 lines and add

1
line?

Yes, one might want to read what I have responded to.

Then again, we might not - especially considering any newsreader will
already have it there.

Robert Morein

George M. Middius wrote:

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

Dallas, Dulles, Maine, Washington DC. Idiotic diversion, for no real
purpose except to show how ineffective passenger screen really is. And
then they punish the Carrier for the govt's screw-up.

Your sure it wasn't the State of Washington

Lionel

jeffc wrote:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
r.com...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Is there some particular reason jokers like you copy 1,000 lines and add

1

line?

Yes, one might want to read what I have responded to.

Then again, we might not - especially considering any newsreader will
already have it there.

No need to read.
For Sackman, Richman and McKelvy all muslims are dangerous suspects.

Recently Sackman was writing that Abu Ghraib tortured prisonners were
terrorists before they have received an equitable judgment.

Sackman, Richman and McKelvy are supporting the same conception of
justice than Saddam Hussein.
Clyde Slick

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Clyde Slick wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote:

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

Diverting an airliner and requiring an extra landing / take-off is
actually very expensive for the airlines.

George's notation was in jest, the plane was actually headed for Dulles
(Washington, DC area), not Dallas, Texas.

Yeah - I thought he was being dim.

I can only assume that it was Homeland Paranoia that insisted on the plane
setting down at nearest landfall, lest an dangerous musician set foot on

US
soil.

Graham

I'm gald we kept him out of our country.
We don't want him, we don't need him.
He is a Hamas supporter.

Clyde Slick

"jeffc" wrote in message
om...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Is there some particular reason jokers like you copy 1,000 lines and

add
1
line?

Yes, one might want to read what I have responded to.

Then again, we might not - especially considering any newsreader will
already have it there.

I prefer reading chronologically, so, for me, its not easily available.

Clyde Slick

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
George M. Middius wrote:

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

Dallas, Dulles, Maine, Washington DC. Idiotic diversion, for no real
purpose except to show how ineffective passenger screen really is. And
then they punish the Carrier for the govt's screw-up.

Your sure it wasn't the State of Washington

The diversion itself was unnecessary, in hindsight; they could have handled
it at Dulles,
but I don't know what exact information they had at the time.
Maybe they only knew there was a passenggger on the do not fly
list on the plane, but didn't know it was merely an undesirable
rather than a terrorist. Better safe than sorry, AFA a plane heading
to Washington, DC.

Doktor Kernith

Robert Morein wrote:

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

They were trying to save his life. It is doubtful he would have
"escaped" Dallas.

Kernith :-)

jeffc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

I prefer reading chronologically, so, for me, its not easily available.

I prefer not scrolling through 10 pages of stuff I already read to see your
puny comment. Since I'm your intended audience, and not you, don't you
think it makes more sense to do what I want than what you want?

Clyde Slick

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...

No

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

You're wasting your time trying to use logic on Sacky. The real reason
he doesn't snip his posts is he's too clutzy to work his mouse and
keyboard properly. That, and laziness, as we've seen in his thinking
about politics and the culture wars.

I snip the old stuff when I feel its appropriate. Of coiurse, there
are those who never snip old text, such as Lionella

Lionel_Chapuis

George M. Middius wrote:

Sacky rationalizes. What new.

You're wasting your time trying to use logic on Sacky. The real reason
he doesn't snip his posts is he's too clutzy to work his mouse and
keyboard properly. That, and laziness, as we've seen in his thinking
about politics and the culture wars.

I snip the old stuff when I feel its appropriate. Of coiurse, there
are those who never snip old text, such as Lionella

Ô George, please George, tell me that Lionel is really more disgusting than me...
"Lionella" is a good introduction to address a supplication to George.

Translation : please George tell me that despite all the nasty things I have written recently you are still accepting me among the "Normals".

LOL, what a strong personality Sackman, congratulations !

Yes, I agree that others are just as bad, or even worse, than you.
Congratulations.

----------
Sent via SPRACI - http://www.spraci.com/ - Parties,Raves,Clubs,Festivals

paghat

That Yusuf Islam could end up on ANY kind of terrorist list shows how
loony-tunes the Bush administration has gotten.

I have it on good authority that the the Bushleager President's "October
suprise" will be when he proudly announces they have finally captured
Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

It can be a little hard to have complete sympathy for Yusuf the MagiCat,
if one remembers his wishywashy statements to the press back when Salman
Rushdie lived under constant threat of assassination. He also called
Saddam Hussein a "muslim brother" during the Gulf War, which got blown out
of proportion as "support" for Saddam, when all it was was was stupid.
Yusuf's heart is usually in a good place, but his IQ isn't the highest, &
he is obedient to his faith first & family second & humanity third. The
statements about Rushdie stand as the worst indictment against him, spoken
at a time when Yusuf had been long in seclusion & still a little startled
to find himself back in the public light, & desparate to be regarded a
Fully Authentic Muslem instead of just another convert.

So he would not criticize the fatwa, making moronic wishywashy statements
like good Muslims live by the laws of the countries they live in so
Rushdie shouldn't actually be killed so long as he's not in a country
where the fatwa has force of law, but it was true that blasphemers did
deserve to be killed. I will not regain respect for Yusuf until he
apologizes for being that big a dumbass.

But US Homeland security is out of control. Even Ted Kennedy turned up on
one of the banned lists & has been detained in airports twice while it was
cleared up. And if you ain't a Ted Kennedy, you have no chance of getting
it cleared up.

Tony Norman of Common Dreams News calls this event "humiliating politics
of hysteria," & that's about right. "Though the government has yet to
reveal its case about Yusuf Islam's alleged ties to Hamas and other
terrorist groups, it has hinted that money the singer donated to Islamic
and Palestinian charities was later funneled into various acts of
terrorist aggression. But why bother with proof when merely asserting that
someone has terrorist ties is proof enough in an era of fear and smear?
Proof? We don't need no stinkin' proof!"

Yusaf's charity work has been benign. While Nelson Mandela & other great
men embrace Yusuf for his charity work, Bush gets him branded a terrorist
by what amounts to an ignorant Presidential fatwa. Yusuf was a peace
activist even before he was a Yusuf. I suspect what the Bush
administration really dislikes is anyone who might encourage some of us to
jump on the peace train.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

johnebravo836

paghat wrote:

That Yusuf Islam could end up on ANY kind of terrorist list shows how
loony-tunes the Bush administration has gotten.

I have it on good authority that the the Bushleager President's "October
suprise" will be when he proudly announces they have finally captured
Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

It can be a little hard to have complete sympathy for Yusuf the MagiCat,
if one remembers his wishywashy statements to the press back when Salman
Rushdie lived under constant threat of assassination.

Well, if his comments were "wishywashy" at one time, thank goodness he
subsequently took pains to clarify his view on this for us:

"Yusuf Islam's comments in 1989 concerning Salman Rushdie after the
publication of Rushdie's novel The Satanic Verses provoked controversy.
During this time period an Islamic fatwa (religious ruling) was issued,
holding that it was an obligation of Muslims to kill Salman Rushdie.
Yusuf Islam publicly stated that Rushdie was indeed guilty of blasphemy
against Islam, and Rushdie deserved to be killed. This led to a public
outcry, and a drop in record sales. In response to this criticism, Yusuf
Islam has since clarified that he believes that a death sentence can
only be carried out by the authority of a court in an Islamic society,
and that he is opposed to anyone taking the law into their own hands by
murdering Rushdie."

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Stevens

It's reassuring to know that he thinks this should only be done by an
Islamic court, and that loose cannons shouldn't be taking the law into
their own hands . . .

[...]

[snip]

Lionel

paghat wrote:

That Yusuf Islam could end up on ANY kind of terrorist list shows how
loony-tunes the Bush administration has gotten.

Don't worry Sir it's a common tactic here to accuse a guy to be a Hamas
supporter as soon has he suggest that some fascists are also living in
Israel.
It seems that Bruce J. Richman the RAO psychologist is the final judge of
the respectability of your thoughts...
Good luck !

Clyde Slick

Lionel_Chapuis wrote in message
George M. Middius wrote:

I snip the old stuff when I feel its appropriate. Of coiurse, there
are those who never snip old text, such as Lionella

Ô George, please George, tell me that Lionel is really more disgusting

than me...
"Lionella" is a good introduction to address a supplication to George.

Translation : please George tell me that despite all the nasty things I

have written recently you are still accepting me among the "Normals".

LOL, what a strong personality Sackman, congratulations !

just pointing out some base hypocricy.

Pooh Bear

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

I can only assume that it was Homeland Paranoia that insisted on the plane
setting down at nearest landfall, lest an dangerous musician set foot on

US
soil.

Graham

I'm gald we kept him out of our country.
We don't want him, we don't need him.
He is a Hamas supporter.

You have an independent reliable cite ?

He supports welfare organisations for kids in Palestine and has condemned
Islamic terrorism.

He isn't a risk to the USA - and the USA would appear more credible for stating
that it didn't *want* him in the country ( so as to be seen for the bigots they
are that run the place ) rather than making unfounded assertions about him being
dangerous.

The UK government has made a formal complaint about this btw, although the US
only seems interested in the UK when we toady up and support your illegal wars.

Graham

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message
news

Sacky and his favorite partner keep up their dance of futility.

I snip the old stuff when I feel its appropriate. Of coiurse,

there
are those who never snip old text, such as Lionella

LOL, what a strong personality Sackman, congratulations !

just pointing out some base hypocricy.

If that's directed at me, you are apparently ignorant of the fact that I
have offered the same criticism to other lazy slobs who garbage up posts
and/or don't trim the excess.

But don't let me come between you and Slut. You may tell her for me that
her schizophrenia is just as repulsive as her innate stupidity.

I'll tell her the next time we date.

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Like Krooger, you don't recognize others' points of view, and you don't
accept that maybe you should change your behavior.

I have always been aware of this netiquette and I do
make a conscious effort to try and snip extraneous previous verbage.
But I don't remember to do it all the time.

jeffc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...

No

Very funny. You're a moron and a complete tool,

Clyde Slick

This is the thanks I get for complying with your request?

jeffc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
This is the thanks I get for complying with your request?

You're a moron.

jeffc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
This is the thanks I get for complying with your request?

And a complete tool. And you're probably really fat too.

Clyde Slick

For following your suggestion to the tee.

Clyde Slick

Do you read tea leaves as well?

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message

But for the RAO sionist extremists (zealots) Richman and Sackman, it is
totaly forbidden to criticize Sharon and Israeli right-end politic.

You can criticize Sharon all you want.
Just don't kill anyone while your at it.

Clyde Slick

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

As usual, antisemite and Hamas sympathizer Lionel makes idiotic and

erroneous
assumptions about what others are or think. He has provided no factual
evidence that *anybody* (other than himself) is a "zealot" (whatever the

hell
that means). As far as Israeli politics are concerned, I generally favor

the
approach of the Labor Party when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian

conflict.
However, it has been well documented that Hamas and other terrorist groups

are
NOT interested in negotiations. Also, it is a matter of public record

that
Arafat rejected a peace agreement over 4 years ago mediated by Bill

Cliniton
that would have given the Palestinians about 95% of the land they wanted.
Instead, they chose to try and get through suicide bombings even more.

It's
generally now agreed that Arafat, Hamas, etc. don't really want a 2 state
solution; their goal, as has always been the case, is to drive Israelis

into
the sea and take over the whole country.

Agreed, though I would also support a less reactionary,
more intelligent Likud governement.

Michael McKelvy

"paghat" wrote in message
news
That Yusuf Islam could end up on ANY kind of terrorist list shows how
loony-tunes the Bush administration has gotten.

What makes you so sure he hasn't been on a list since his statements about
Rushdie?

paghat

In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
That Yusuf Islam could end up on ANY kind of terrorist list shows how
loony-tunes the Bush administration has gotten.

What makes you so sure he hasn't been on a list since his statements about
Rushdie?

Yusuf was in Washington D.C. this past May, establishing a US office for
his childrens charity Small Kindnesses, promoting the DVD release of the
1976 MagiCat Earthtour (profits targetted for orphan schools), with a
series of personal appearances & autographings, & radio interviews. At
that time there was no hint of the Home Office concerns. So the Home
Office made their wacky decision sometime between May & September, which
makes him a more recent Home Office target than Ted Kennedy, who was twice
detained in airports because he's on the Home Office threat list too.

The only other country to ban Yusuf Islam is Israel. In 2000, the Israeli
government asserted that Yusuf was a threat to peace talks. This was the
first time that his alleged link to Interpal's alleged link to Hamas was
tossed into the air to see if it would fly (it wouldn't). Yusuf has never
made even slightly inflammatory statements against Israel, but has made
many statements about yearned-for peace. He admits that in the past he may
have been more zealous & too partisan, but that every convert to Islam
goes through these phases.

Though Homeland Security claims Yusuf Israel has been on numerous
watchlists, Scotland Yard stated this is not true, & so far as Scotland
Yard is concerned, there is still "no reason" to flag him as any kind of
security risk. The airline itself said that Yusuf was NOT on any watchlist
& that the new list was sent to them while Yusuf was in mid-Atlantic. The
British Foreign Office informed Reuters that the US actions "should not
have been taken."

Yusuf has the support of Prime Minister Tony Blair & Prince Charles. The
only reason an apology is not going to be issued to Yusuf is because the
White House won't apologize for any of its many agregious errors ever.

The Home Office's only excuse has been that Yusuf has supported Hamas
financially, though he certainly never has done so, & his charities are
too closely monitored for this to be possible. So speculation is that the
Bush Administration is concerned that Yusuf has friends who run the
British charity Interpal, whose chairman, Ibrahim Hewitt, was formerly
Yusuf Islam's personal secretary. Since August of last year, the US has
listed Interpal as a "terrorist organization," on what basis no one has
ever figured out, perhaps on Israel's say-so. The UK & UN regards Interpal
as a completely legal & above-board charity which has the strongest
possible safeguards in place so that monies do not get syphoned or stolen
by Hamas.

Even so, at the White House & Home Office's insistance, the British
government froze Interpal's assets last year for several weeks while
undertaking an investigation which cleared Interpal of the crazed,
baseless, paranoid Homeland Office allegations. But once on the Homeland
Office ****list, always on the Homeland Office ****list, so you or I
could make a PayPal donation of $10 right this minute at Interpal.org &
end up on the Homeland Security ****list.

This year, over 100 British citizens have filed complaints about their
baseless presence on Homeland Security watchlists & resultant airport
detentions, mistreatment by immigrations officials, or expulsion from the
US without explanation. Professor Paul Wilkinson of the University of St.
Andrews Centre for the Study of Terrorism & Political Violence, stated
(the day before yesterday) that the United States has lost "all sense of
proportion" in listing everyone who may have even an indirect link to an
indirect link to organizations not actually known to have anything
whatsoever to do with terrorists. The Homeland Office is a loose canon.
The White House is a loose canon. America is a laughing stock, but for
human rights a very dangerous laughing stock.

My own suspicion is that peace activists have always been hated by
warmongers. Alleging terrorism is just the New McCarthyism, the quickest
method for murderers to harrass or silence anyone who dares to oppose
murder.

Having had an unobservant Jewish father & having studied kabbalah for many
years, my own partisan feelings do end up leaning heavily toward Israel. I
fight within myself for a balance that does not fail to see what justice
is required for Palestinians, & if I were in Israel today I would have
trouble working with peace activists doing outreach to Palestinians, but
that would be the ideal to achieve. I sort of feel this is Yusuf's
struggle from the opposite direction. Of course my interest in him is
because I loved his music before he was a Muslim, & it would be merely
prejudiced if I no longer liked him because he's Muslim. I dislike one
thing that he has done & never adequately apologized for doing, but he
seems nevertheless to be a man striving to do only good. Too bad so few of
us make such a struggle. I sure don't. My own struggle is to at least be
entertaining whenever I can't resist being a scoundral.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
S888Wheel

From: (paghat)
Date: 9/26/2004 9:03 AM Pacific Standard Time
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
[...]

Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com

Still, don't you feel safer knowing Cat Stevens isn't in the U.S.? Heck I used
up one of my anti-biological WOMD duct tape roles knowing that I was safer
without Cat Stevens around.

jeffc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
For following your suggestion to the tee.

No, you're a ****ing moron for not knowing what the **** I'm talking about.
To wit,
"I prefer not scrolling through 10 pages of stuff I already read to see your
puny comment."
Now did I write 10 pages of stuff? You're a complete tool. Probably the
kind of person everyone hates at a cocktail party, and the guy everyone
hopes they don't have to work with at work.

Clyde Slick

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...

Don't let it get to ya.