ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs

Default Proton A 250 experts still around?

There were some people in the RAC that had some good experience with this
amp, are any of you still around?

John Durbin

you betcha ... other than having a minor tendency to charcoal the power
supply when they got older, the P-250 kicked ass. 83 WPC @ 4 ohm was the
magazine measurement as I recall, and with 6dB of speced dynamic
headroom. Also had the switchable NAD-designed soft-clip circuit.

JD

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs wrote:

There were some people in the RAC that had some good experience with this
amp, are any of you still around?

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs

Yeah, I used a NAD 2600 home power amp for a while, really liked it. Picked
up the Proton 250 cheap.

Know hat will it do bridged at 14.4v and can it do 2 ohm stereo or bridged?

Thx

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs wrote:

There were some people in the RAC that had some good experience with this
amp, are any of you still around?

Sanitarium

didnt they also make a 75x2 that actually put out 150x2 clean?... those
were great amps IMHO. I wish companies still under-rated their gear.

Garrett

"ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs" wrote:

There were some people in the RAC that had some good experience with this
amp, are any of you still around?

John Durbin

They were rated for 2 ohm stereo/4 ohm mono stable, don't remember the
power rating but I would stick to 4 ohm stereo myself anyway, would help
avoid the tendency to BBQ the power supply.

JD