post news

Default extending EL84 sockets

If I wanted to distance EL84 that hang upside down in a guitar amp, do
they sell something about an inch or two long that will plug into the
socket and then allows me to plug the tube into?
Charles MacDonald

post news wrote:
If I wanted to distance EL84 that hang upside down in a guitar amp, do
they sell something about an inch or two long that will plug into the
socket and then allows me to plug the tube into?

Look for a "socket saver" originally intended to extend the life of a
tube socket in a tube tester. POMONA is one brand. Beware of the extra
capacitance, although probably nto a problem at audio freq.

el84 running too hot. maxdm Vacuum Tubes 6 November 19th 04 03:07 PM
No Tube Sockets ? fffcj Vacuum Tubes 5 August 27th 04 08:52 AM
EL84 questions? Bryan McGivney Vacuum Tubes 3 August 17th 03 01:40 PM
EL84 6BQ5 unused pin question rp Tech 1 July 25th 03 03:59 PM
EL84 6BQ5 unused pin question rp Vacuum Tubes 1 July 25th 03 05:23 AM