jai47

Default Please Help!!! My mp3 player stoped working

Hi,
Can someone please help me.

I bought a 256mb mp3 player from eBay in December.
The other day i thought i would explore the mini CD it came with.
I opened a program called "MP3 Player Product Tools" and it said update
firmware on mp3 player, so i did. this all work well, as far as I could
see.

But once I disconnected my mp3 player and tried to turn it on it
wouldn't turn on.
I tried about 5 new batteries, but this never worked
I then tried connecting it to the PC again and the screen turned on and
about five seconds later it turned off, i keeps repeating this over and
over again, it goes on and off until I take the USB cable out, then it
just turns off.

On the display it shows the mp3 player and the PC with 'zzzz' between
it(view http://forums.techguy.org/t338032.html for an image by the eBay
seller), it then shows an arrow from the mp3 to the PC, after that it
turns off.
it also has a padlock image in the bottom of the screen.
I think this pad lock is the main problem, but i can't take it off.

What do I do, Please Help
Thanks
jai47

MP3 player with best hardware + software UI Bennett Haselton Tech 18 June 19th 04 11:57 PM
portable MP3-DVD player Jenny General 0 May 23rd 04 06:01 PM
Looking for a CD player with specific features... George Thorogood General 2 May 11th 04 04:57 PM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM
NAD 5000 CD Player: Free, not working AudioWaves Marketplace 0 July 23rd 03 05:10 PM