Tom

Default Audio Buddy microphone pre-amp question

This product
http://www.jigsaw24.com/index01.asp?ITEM=G057ADA

is a microphone pre-amp with phantom power and

appears to be available in the US and UK but few other countries. Most
of the typical web addresses will not export outside the US (or UK).
Anybody know how to get this product in New Zealand or Australia.

Thanks

Tom

Owain

Tom wrote .
This product
http://www.jigsaw24.com/index01.asp?ITEM=G057ADA
is a microphone pre-amp with phantom power and
appears to be available in the US and UK but few other countries. Most
of the typical web addresses will not export outside the US (or UK).
Anybody know how to get this product in New Zealand or Australia.

This looks like a nice little pre-amp, has switchable phantom power:
http://www.arx.com.au/e-pre.htm
Unfortunately no indication of price, their sales agents are
Eastern States - The Resource Corp
Western Australia - Audio Source

Unfortunately anything else vaguely promising I can find on .au
domains is in the AU$thousands price range for pro equipment.

Owain

Peter Larsen

Owain wrote:

http://www.jigsaw24.com/index01.asp?ITEM=G057ADA
is a microphone pre-amp with phantom power and
appears to be available in the US and UK but few other countries. Most
of the typical web addresses will not export outside the US (or UK).

Have you tried asking them? - most webshops will ship all over the
planet and UK shops of any kind are to the best of my knowledge used to
service the entire commonwealth.

Anybody know how to get this product in New Zealand or Australia.

This looks like a nice little pre-amp, has switchable phantom power:
http://www.arx.com.au/e-pre.htm

Looks interesting.

Unfortunately anything else vaguely promising I can find on .au
domains is in the AU$thousands price range for pro equipment.

Well, you could check http://www.aage.dk, they have a nice price on many
products. The site may be a problem for you to navigate, but I think you
can manage. It hasn't been relevant for me to ask them about whether
they would sell overseas .... O;-)

Owain

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Tom

Owain wrote:

Tom wrote .
This product
http://www.jigsaw24.com/index01.asp?ITEM=G057ADA
is a microphone pre-amp with phantom power and
appears to be available in the US and UK but few other countries. Most
of the typical web addresses will not export outside the US (or UK).
Anybody know how to get this product in New Zealand or Australia.

This looks like a nice little pre-amp, has switchable phantom power:
http://www.arx.com.au/e-pre.htm
Unfortunately no indication of price, their sales agents are
Eastern States - The Resource Corp
Western Australia - Audio Source

Unfortunately anything else vaguely promising I can find on .au
domains is in the AU$thousands price range for pro equipment.

Owain

That looks like a good amp but it only has one mic input by the looks of it.

Tom

Tom

Peter Larsen wrote:

Owain wrote:

[...]

Yes I have asked the US companies. It is like you were buying weapons grade
plutonium!
The UK one I asked said a flat 'no'.

Tom

Peter Larsen

Tom wrote:

Yes I have asked the US companies. It is like you were buying weapons grade
plutonium!

I purchased my Midiman DiO 2448 via http://www.planetminidisc.com. Aage
seems - at a glance - to be competitive, but I didn't do the exact
currency math and there is always the variable of p+h.

The UK one I asked said a flat 'no'.

You seem to ask the wrong shops & it still doesn't make sense that a UK
shop would refuse to do trade within Queen Victorias Empire - i. e.
approximately The Commonwealth.

Tom

Via something called The Internet I checked http://www.midiman.de to see
if they still have a distributor list. They have. Australian distributor
is:

Electric Factory
Nick Mitchell Email:
Web:
http://www.elfa.com.au
Phone: +61 39 48 05 988
Fax: +61 39 48 46 708 188 Plenty Rd.
Preston 3072, Victoria, Australia

Kind Regards

Peter Larsen

Tom

Peter Larsen wrote:

Tom wrote:

Yes I have asked the US companies. It is like you were buying weapons grade
plutonium!

I purchased my Midiman DiO 2448 via http://www.planetminidisc.com. Aage
seems - at a glance - to be competitive, but I didn't do the exact
currency math and there is always the variable of p+h.

The UK one I asked said a flat 'no'.

You seem to ask the wrong shops & it still doesn't make sense that a UK
shop would refuse to do trade within Queen Victorias Empire - i. e.
approximately The Commonwealth.

Just a trifle out of date on your history - the 'empire' died a long time ago. NZ
is an independent country like oZZ.

tOM

Peter Larsen

Tom wrote:

You seem to ask the wrong shops & it still doesn't make sense that a UK
shop would refuse to do trade within Queen Victorias Empire - i. e.
approximately The Commonwealth.

Just a trifle out of date on your history - the 'empire' died a long time ago.

I know. But but the Commonwealth still exists.

NZ is an independent country like oZZ.

Ah well, I got the hemisphere right .... O;-) .... also your question
was:

"appears to be available in the US and UK but few other countries. Most
of the typical web addresses will not export outside the US (or UK).
Anybody know how to get this product in New Zealand or Australia."

Here is the address to the NZ agent, this one too from hintMidimans
homepage/hint:

NEW ZEALAND
Electric Factory NZ
Scott Bulloch Email:
Web:
Phone: +64 94 14 19 99
Fax: +64 94 14 19 83 19B William Pickering DV
Albany, New Zealand

tOM

Peter Larsen

* My site is at:
http://www.muyiovatki.dk *

Owain

Tom wrote
Owain wrote:
This looks like a nice little pre-amp, has switchable phantom power:
http://www.arx.com.au/e-pre.htm

That looks like a good amp but it only has one mic input by the looks of it.

Yes. I noted that but the browser crashed and I forgot to re-write
that bit second time around!

Owain

normanstrong

"Owain" wrote in message
m...
Tom wrote .
This product
http://www.jigsaw24.com/index01.asp?ITEM=G057ADA
is a microphone pre-amp with phantom power and
appears to be available in the US and UK but few other countries.

Most
of the typical web addresses will not export outside the US (or

UK).
Anybody know how to get this product in New Zealand or Australia.

This looks like a nice little pre-amp, has switchable phantom power:
http://www.arx.com.au/e-pre.htm
Unfortunately no indication of price, their sales agents are
Eastern States - The Resource Corp
Western Australia - Audio Source

It looks like a single channel preamp, but it has R and L outputs on
the back. At no point does it indicate that it will handle 2 mikes.

So, what is it?

Norm Strong

Tom

Peter Larsen wrote:

Tom wrote:

[...]

Thanks for this info - I will give them a ring Monday and see what they have to
say but I would not hold out any hope. Over here it takes up to 6 weeks to import
goods - that's why I prefer to buy on line if possible.

Tom

aJax

Right here's what you need to know.

The official page for the Audio Buddy is he
http://www.m-audio.com/products/m-audio/audibudy.php
An independant review of it is he
http://www.mojopie.com/buddy.html

I use it and am very pleased with it. It does support two simultaneous mics
as microphones are mono devices. It's also a DI box for your guitar or
bass.

A couple of years ago when there was a vote in Australia about whether to
"scrap" the queen so to speak, they voted against. You are part of the
commonwealth and we still own you. (and beat you at rugby)

I've found someone who stocks it he
http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=2162 The price seems
amazingly high but I suppose that's just your currency.

Thanks, Do call again.

Tom

Tom wrote:

Peter Larsen wrote:

Tom wrote:

[...]

The good news is that they do indded supply them. However, the price seems to have
been inflated from the internet price. Allowing for conversion rates the price is an
extra $150 NZ! Anybody explain this phenomena?

Tom

Tom

aJax wrote:

Right here's what you need to know.

The official page for the Audio Buddy is he
http://www.m-audio.com/products/m-audio/audibudy.php
An independant review of it is he
http://www.mojopie.com/buddy.html

I use it and am very pleased with it. It does support two simultaneous mics
as microphones are mono devices. It's also a DI box for your guitar or
bass.

A couple of years ago when there was a vote in Australia about whether to
"scrap" the queen so to speak, they voted against. You are part of the
commonwealth and we still own you. (and beat you at rugby)

I've found someone who stocks it he
http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=2162 The price seems
amazingly high but I suppose that's just your currency.

Thanks, Do call again.

Thanks for the web address. Did you know that every time somebody leaves New
Zealand for Ozz that it raises the IQ of both countries?

Tom