paul tumolo

Default buddy can you spare 1.2mil?

This arrived in the spam box today:
studio for sale: http://www.entertainmentrealestate.com/id35.html

Actually, looks like a steal from here, considering it includes the land,
the building and an SSL. It costs well over $100,000 here just to properly
build out a rented space that's one fourth as large- and that doesn't
include the gear. I guess the asking price says something about the state of
the recording business in LALALand.

Jay - atldigi

In article , "paul tumolo"
wrote:

This arrived in the spam box today:
studio for sale: http://www.entertainmentrealestate.com/id35.html

Actually, looks like a steal from here, considering it includes the land,
the building and an SSL. It costs well over $100,000 here just to
properly build out a rented space that's one fourth as large- and that
doesn't include the gear. I guess the asking price says something about
the state of the recording business in LALALand.

I don't know - it looks about right. It's an old E series SSL. It says
52 input which probably means a 48 frame with 4 stereo modules. It's
5,000 sq. ft. which is a good size, but not huge, and it's $1.2 million.
Reasonable price I guess, but it doesn't sound like a "fire sale" to me.
That said, the state of the recording business everywhere is generally
pretty poor these days. There are plenty of other area roperties on this
site and elsewhere that are up for sale.

--
Jay Frigoletto
Mastersuite
Fletcher

"paul tumolo" wrote in message
This arrived in the spam box today:
studio for sale: http://www.entertainmentrealestate.com/id35.html

Actually, looks like a steal from here, considering it includes the land,
the building and an SSL. It costs well over $100,000 here just to properly
build out a rented space that's one fourth as large- and that doesn't
include the gear. I guess the asking price says something about the state

of
the recording business in LALALand.

If the real estate is worth pretty close to $1.2M then it's worth getting...
other than that... smart man wouldn't do it and a lazy man wouldn't do it.
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Patrick Covert

In article t,
Fletcher wrote:

smart man wouldn't do it and a lazy man wouldn't do it.

Would either of these guys become audio engineers?