ramsese ramsese is offline
Junior Member

Default Peugeot 405 Clarion HU

I have a UK built 1991 Peugeot 405 in which I have recently installed a factory fitted deck from a 1995 405. Since the HU runs Clarion CD changer, I assume it is a Clarion unit. Doesnt mention Clarion anywhere on the deck, but I am attacjing the photograph in case someone can recognise it. My car has a standard 13 pin Peugeot connector and the 1995 deck has a different connector. I have somehow managed to get the deck working by figuring out most of the wiring.

But one problem I am facing is that that the LCD display is too dim for daylight. It is perfect for the night. I think the deck has a dimmer function like the clock in the 405. Can anyone tell me which wire in the deck harness controls the dimming? and waht is it connected to?

Thanks
Raminder
Attached Images

joe.ker

There was no attached picture with message. is the a web link you can put it
to?
Most Clarion decks i've delt with use an orange wire for dimmer control.
This is usually activated by turning on the lights, so that the display dims
down at night. Most are activated with 12 volts.
I do not belive the dimmer wire is the problem though, it sounds like the
back light on the display has gone out.

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"ramsese" wrote in message

I have a UK built 1991 Peugeot 405 in which I have recently installed a
factory fitted deck from a 1995 405. Since the HU runs Clarion CD
changer, I assume it is a Clarion unit. Doesnt mention Clarion anywhere
on the deck, but I am attacjing the photograph in case someone can
recognise it. My car has a standard 13 pin Peugeot connector and the
1995 deck has a different connector. I have somehow managed to get the
deck working by figuring out most of the wiring.

But one problem I am facing is that that the LCD display is too dim for
daylight. It is perfect for the night. I think the deck has a dimmer
function like the clock in the 405. Can anyone tell me which wire in
the deck harness controls the dimming? and waht is it connected to?

Thanks
Raminder

|Filename: 32_1.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.yourdomain.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=71|