smoothbrain

Default 4" component systems - which one?

I'm looking for a medium-end 4" component system. I've been eyeing the
MB Quart RCE210, Diamond Audio M641, Rockford Fosgate FNQ2414,
basically looking to spend around $200.

Are all of these pretty much equivalent?

--
smoothbrain
smoothbrain's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=33530

MOSFET

"smoothbrain" wrote in message
news:1110698339.8efd6c8a3a9a869acbe89ad6ed8710c3@t eranews...

I'm looking for a medium-end 4" component system. I've been eyeing the
MB Quart RCE210, Diamond Audio M641, Rockford Fosgate FNQ2414,
basically looking to spend around $200.

Are all of these pretty much equivalent?

--
smoothbrain

No, they are not equivalent. Each has it's own unique qualities and
therefore there is no way to definitively say which is best. My suggestion
to you is to listen to all three and see what sounds best to you based on
your musical tastes. I own a set of MB Quarts, however, Diamond's are very
highly rated.

MOSFET

I would steer away from the RF. I had a set of those and it was
horrible. Cheap drivers.

The first thing I look at is the tweeter. I like a silk or textile
dome tweet. Some say the MB's have a harsh, or really forward sounding
tweet, and I agree.

Bes to go listen before you buy.