Sub_Lover

Default Mounting Depth for Sub Install Question

My box is 7.5" deep and the driver has a mounting depth of 6.5". Will
it be OK to have only 1" behind the sub? What is ideal?

Cyrus

In article .com,
"Sub_Lover" wrote:

My box is 7.5" deep and the driver has a mounting depth of 6.5". Will
it be OK to have only 1" behind the sub? What is ideal?

Depending on the driver and power applied, it should work ok. In other
words, nothing will blow up. I say try it and if it doesn't sound right
to you, plan on building a better enclosure for it. Live with it for
awhile and experience it so you can form an opinion about it.

Ideal is as much as you can spare.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*