Flashovr29

Default High End Speakers run on Head Unit

ok, currently i'm running a set of JL Audio xr570 5X7 components amped
by a Rockford 401s 2 channel. I have a pair of JL subs in the trunk
and i want to downgrade to just head unit and no subs. I understand
how much bass i'll be losing/missing, but will the XR's sound ok
without the amp and hooked up to my Clarion head unit or will it sound
ALOT worse? I'm guessing that I won't notice it too much as I had a
pair of Rockford 5X7 2 ways before the XR's and couldn't really tell
much of a difference when I bought the amp. Maybe my ears are
going...exactly why i'm growing out of car audio!

The reason I want to know is so I should know whether to sell the XR's
and buy lower quality 5X7 components?

Thanks!
MZ

ok, currently i'm running a set of JL Audio xr570 5X7 components amped
by a Rockford 401s 2 channel. I have a pair of JL subs in the trunk
and i want to downgrade to just head unit and no subs. I understand
how much bass i'll be losing/missing, but will the XR's sound ok
without the amp and hooked up to my Clarion head unit or will it sound
ALOT worse? I'm guessing that I won't notice it too much as I had a
pair of Rockford 5X7 2 ways before the XR's and couldn't really tell
much of a difference when I bought the amp. Maybe my ears are
going...exactly why i'm growing out of car audio!

The reason I want to know is so I should know whether to sell the XR's
and buy lower quality 5X7 components?

"Lower quality" speakers may actually sound better off of deck power if
they're more sensitive. There's no way to find out unless you try.

Flashovr29 wrote:
ok, currently i'm running a set of JL Audio xr570 5X7 components

amped
by a Rockford 401s 2 channel. I have a pair of JL subs in the trunk
and i want to downgrade to just head unit and no subs. I understand
how much bass i'll be losing/missing, but will the XR's sound ok
without the amp and hooked up to my Clarion head unit or will it

sound
ALOT worse? I'm guessing that I won't notice it too much as I had a
pair of Rockford 5X7 2 ways before the XR's and couldn't really tell
much of a difference when I bought the amp. Maybe my ears are
going...exactly why i'm growing out of car audio!

The reason I want to know is so I should know whether to sell the

XR's
and buy lower quality 5X7 components?

Thanks!

I've notice that the sound is depend on the type of music you play
and the type of speaker you throw in. Traditional amp or let say old
style of amp can't play today type of music because the amp can't
handle the Lower frequence of bass sound. Today amp is enable with
handling the lower frequence bass. Dude, all the amp today you see
in the market are mostly compatible to each other. Don't seriouly
listen to the Car stereo man! All they doing to you is just marketing
stuff.

Eric Desrochers

I've notice that the sound is depend on the type of music you play
and the type of speaker you throw in. Traditional amp or let say old
style of amp can't play today type of music because the amp can't
handle the Lower frequence of bass sound. Today amp is enable with
handling the lower frequence bass.

That's ridiculous.

Nearly every amp sold after the late 60s, be it home hifi, car or pro
live-sound have specs perfectly suitable to amplify all frequencies
audibles to the average ear...

--
Eric (Dero) Desrochers
http://homepage.mac.com/dero72