Flashovr29

Default Need quality amps

ok right now I have Rockwood Fosgates 401s. I have one powering
quality JL audio xr's (5x7 components) and one powering a sealed box
of jl audio 10w0's. I am selling both amps.

What would be the best solution for quality (NOT SPL)? a 4 channel?
or a 2 channel for the XR's and a mono amp for the subs?

What amps do you recommend for quality? But someone affordable? Or
will I even tell a significant difference?

The car is a 93 mazda mx6 and the head unit a basic Clarion.

Well if you reall have a Rockwood Fosgate, you might want a better amp.
Those are swap meet amps and are really poor qaulity.

smoove

Rockwood BAD, Rockford GOOD
www.rockfordfosgate.com

Yes there is a huge difference in quality.

"Flashovr29" wrote in message
m...
ok right now I have Rockwood Fosgates 401s. I have one powering
quality JL audio xr's (5x7 components) and one powering a sealed box
of jl audio 10w0's. I am selling both amps.

What would be the best solution for quality (NOT SPL)? a 4 channel?
or a 2 channel for the XR's and a mono amp for the subs?

What amps do you recommend for quality? But someone affordable? Or
will I even tell a significant difference?

The car is a 93 mazda mx6 and the head unit a basic Clarion.

Flashovr29

"smoove" wrote in message ...
Rockwood BAD, Rockford GOOD
www.rockfordfosgate.com

Yes there is a huge difference in quality.

MY BAD. It's Rockford Fosgate. Sometimes my brain thinks one thing
and my fingers type another. It's really weird.
MOSFET

"Flashovr29" wrote in message
m...
ok right now I have Rockwood Fosgates 401s. I have one powering
quality JL audio xr's (5x7 components) and one powering a sealed box
of jl audio 10w0's. I am selling both amps.

What would be the best solution for quality (NOT SPL)? a 4 channel?
or a 2 channel for the XR's and a mono amp for the subs?

What amps do you recommend for quality? But someone affordable? Or
will I even tell a significant difference?

The car is a 93 mazda mx6 and the head unit a basic Clarion.

As far as the question of whether to buy a 2 or 4 channels, I'm going to
copy a previous response I had to a similar question:

8 years ago I used a single Soundstream Reference 705 (5 channel amp) in my
'97 Nissan Maxima. The install was show-quality and I competed many times
in local shows and took home a few trophies including a Novice 2nd place at
an IASCA Key Event in Portland, OR.

It was a great amp (it was subsequently stolen), but I would never buy an
amp like this again. Multi-channel amps, though often handy, REDUCE YOUR
FLEXIBILITY. It's a classic dilemma in car audio: On one hand, buying
multichannel amps often provide cost savings realized by enclosing
everything in one chassis, as well as making installations easier by taking
up less space as two comparable two-channel amps, and requiring only one set
of power/ground wires.

However, on the other hand, you have more flexibility by choosing each
stereo amp for the specific job it is to perform (150 watts per channel amp
for fronts and a 50 watt per channel amp for rear-fill, for instance).
Multichannel amps usually will give you X watts times 4 so you are stuck
with X watts for ALL your speakers.

The only thing that always remains the same about all my systems, is that
they all change from time to time. I think this goes for many of us.
Simple two channel amps give you much more flexibility if you decide to
change anything about your system in the future. What sometimes happens
with single amp solutions is that you may want to change just one part of
the installation. For instance, if I wanted to upgrade my sub amp to a
class D in my Maxima system (a very common upgrade), I would find that after
installing the Class D amp, I would then only be using four channels of the
five channels possible in the SS 705, thereby wasting resource. This does
not happen when all of your amps are two channel (you can simply sell your
old sub amp).

MOSFET