Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Stewart Pinkerton

Default Real High End Audio that people have experienced

On 19 Jan 2006 01:24:55 GMT, "Lefisc" wrote:

I do not agree with the following quote:
"that comparisons are worthless unless they're blind and
level-matched, right?"

I believe that the only evaluation that counts is listening. Not
specs, not measurements, not angry readers who hate the concept of high
end audio. I do not believe measurements or specs tell all of what is
needed and never did. Period.

In that case, you'll be happy to know that those level-matched blind
comparisons are in fact *listening* tests.

The ONLY blind testing I have ever done is with wires. I have done
this dozens of times and boy, can I tell the difference. This, I have
told dealers, is not a blessing but a curse. I would leave the room,
they could put any wire on (we are talking about either speaker wire or
interconnects) and I could hear a change. Of course they could try to
fool me but I don't remember them every being successful. It drove
my brother a little nuts in trying to fool me. I would also be able to
tell the difference not just on speakers but also if I used quality
headphones! (this was for interconnects of course)

Interesting claim. why have you not stepped forward to claim your
$5,000 prize for so doing?