Alj

Default Broken NAD 3130 Amplifier, i think?

Hello, i have just found an Amplifier i'm going to use to my XBOX,
this amplifier has 4 speakers output and will fit my uses fine.
I connected the 2 audio cabels from my xbox to a input at the 3130
called Main in.
I get the sound in my 2 speakers i have connected but i can't change
the volume.
It doesn't matter if i turn around on the volume controll nothing
happens, the volume output to my speakers is at max.
So ofcourse i wonder what i can do, have i connected the input from
the xbox wrong?
If i change the volume on the xbox in XBMC the volume goes down but it
is very complicated to do that so i wan't to use the volume control on
the Amplifier.

I have no manuals to this Amplifier, so if anyone knows where to find
these would be to much help.
John A. Weeks III

In article , Alj
wrote:

Hello, i have just found an Amplifier i'm going to use to my XBOX,
this amplifier has 4 speakers output and will fit my uses fine.
I connected the 2 audio cabels from my xbox to a input at the 3130
called Main in.
I get the sound in my 2 speakers i have connected but i can't change
the volume.
It doesn't matter if i turn around on the volume controll nothing
happens, the volume output to my speakers is at max.
So ofcourse i wonder what i can do, have i connected the input from
the xbox wrong?
If i change the volume on the xbox in XBMC the volume goes down but it
is very complicated to do that so i wan't to use the volume control on
the Amplifier.

I have no manuals to this Amplifier, so if anyone knows where to find
these would be to much help.

Is this a power amp, meaninging that the only input is "main in",
or is this an integrated amp, meaning that it has a front panel
full of knobs and switches?

If this is a power amp, you likely need a pre-amp with a volume
control. The audio output that you are using is a fixed level
1 volt peak to peak output.

If this is an integrated amp, try connecting the XBOX to the
Aux, Aux In, or Aux 1 jacks. Then set the input selector to
the same thing, and make sure that tape monitor is off. You may
have to jump the main out to main in on the back of the amp if
those jacks are right next to each other.

Post back with some more details on exactly what you are doing, and
I am sure that someone will figure it out.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Gareth Magennis

Main in goes directly to the Power Amplifier, missing out the pre-amp and
all the tone controls. Just connect the X box to the Aux, Tuner or CD
inputs instead. You may have to provide links between pre-amp out and Main
in for this to work if they are mising. (as on the NAD 3020)

Gareth.

om...