albert

Default philips el3541

I posted 2 photos of input output of a 1963 philips EL3541
Reel to reel tape recorder on alt.binaries.pictures.radio
I would like to no if I could hook up audio out to any of these
& how I would do it .
TIA
Per Stromgren

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:41:19 GMT, albert wrote:

I posted 2 photos of input output of a 1963 philips EL3541
Reel to reel tape recorder on alt.binaries.pictures.radio
I would like to no if I could hook up audio out to any of these
& how I would do it .

I could not find your picture, but I did own a couple of Philips
reel-to-reel machines around that time. All of them had 3-pin DIN
connectors plus some (even then) obscure connectors. The DIN connector
was usually labled "Radio" and carried both output and input. I
suggest you buy a DIN-to-4xRCA cable somewhere, and try the different
connectors. I suppose we are talking mono, in which case one of the
RCA-connectors will be input and one wiil be output, the other two not
connected at all. Be aware that the signal levels are somwhat lower
than standard linelevel, though.

If worst come to worse, you could always use the speaker output
connectors, that probably is there too.

Per.

albert

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:52:52 +0100, Per Stromgren
wrote:
Thanks for the info . I'm on the hunt for a cable now .

[...]

Per Stromgren

wrote:

I suppose we are talking mono,

I was wrong,
http://www.elwins-radiopage.demon.nl...ers/el3541.htm
indicates that the machine could do stereo. My advice still holds,
though, A DIN-to4xRCA adapter will probably do the trick.

Per.

ajb

wrote:

I suppose we are talking mono,

I was wrong,
http://www.elwins-radiopage.demon.nl...ers/el3541.htm
indicates that the machine could do stereo. My advice still holds,
though, A DIN-to4xRCA adapter will probably do the trick.

Per.

The page quoted above is in error.

Most of the many versions of the 3541 (and clones) can _playback_
stereo, by making available the output from the other track direct
from the head to the socket. A matching pre-amp was available and is
required.

It can't _record_ stereo of course
--
ajb

Irritating people like to remind me at difficult
times that in China they use the same word for "crisis"
and "opportunity". I remind them that in China they use
the same word for "China" and "Tibet" - and it's "China".

Philips RC624? Mark Car Audio 2 February 5th 06 04:00 AM
Philips CDM-9 Gear Assembly Needed Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 6 July 27th 04 10:42 PM
Parts for Philips GA 212 Turntable Paul General 0 December 22nd 03 07:02 PM
philips el3541 albert General 0 November 4th 03 09:46 AM
Problem: Some CDs Don't Play New Philips 963SA DVD Player Neil Audio Opinions 4 September 26th 03 09:54 PM