Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default Question for Shovels

Why are you so angry?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

George M. Middius wrote:

Why are you so angry?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".
He has, for some reason, lied to himself that they actually work. Then
he started to *believe* these lies himself. But whever he turns he gets
ridiculed. Being somewhat high on IQ and low on wisdom he has trouble
digesting the justified ridicule steered towards his general direction.
He perceives the ridicule as "hostility". So he gets hostile back and
starts barking like a little, fruit-fly, a bitter piece of ultra angry
chihuahua.

Like I said before, if it wasn't so funny, it would be sad.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Fella wrote:
George M. Middius wrote:

Why are you so angry?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

Steven Sullivan wrote:

Fella wrote:

George M. Middius wrote:

Why are you so angry?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg. There *is* a
difference between pinhole four legged animal pictures on aspirin and
speaker wire, cd players, etc. If you don't know what might that
difference be then, try to find it out by yourself, using your own
means, whatever they may be. I have no patience with a zero credibility
scienccece puking borg such as yourself, and I do not owe you any
explanation and I am not resposible for your education on any subject
whatsoever.

Go spit in the mirror and argue with the guy spitting in the mirror if
you are looking for a fight.

Go now, scoot, you piece of ****.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Fella wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Fella wrote:

George M. Middius wrote:

Why are you so angry?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

Ow. I 'spect that would hurt almost as much at the truth --
that Shippy is the very *apotheosis* of you audiophile subjectivists
-- appears to hurt you.

Shippy, c'est vous!

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Steven Sullivan wrote:
I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

Ow. I 'spect that would hurt almost as much at the truth --
that Shippy is the very *apotheosis* of you audiophile subjectivists
-- appears to hurt you.

Shippy, c'est vous!

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority

I think $24,000 for speaker cables to biamp my stereo would
hurt more.
They should make me want a smoke after listening.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Fella barked out like a 100 chihauhaus in heat:

Steven Sullivan wrote:

Fella wrote:

George M. Middius wrote:

Why are you so angry?

I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

Fellas, fellas.... I know you're all in love with me but really...
you don't have to fight so viciously over me. There's plenty of me
to go around. LOL!

Who wants the first kiss?

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

Speaking of "Shove"... As Shovels above asked you, "Why are you so
angry?", Fella? You're barking like a chihuahua here, do you know
that?

There *is* a
difference between pinhole four legged animal pictures on aspirin and
speaker wire, cd players, etc. If you don't know what might that
difference be then, try to find it out by yourself, using your own
means, whatever they may be.

Look, my cretinous friend, if you think there's a difference, then
you'd be able to tell us what you think the difference is. There is
no way to go out and "find out" what -your- personal opinion is, is
there? Myself, I don't see what the difference is. You can't prove
there is any difference between speaker wire, cd players, etc., any
more than you can prove that my 5-pinhole paper tweak is not a valid
audio tweak. (BTW, it's not "pinhole four legged animal pictures on
aspirin" you moron! You don't print the animal pictures on a tablet
of aspirin, geez! No kidding you never heard the sublime effects of the
L-shape, you can't get -anything- right!).

I have no patience with a zero credibility
scienccece puking borg such as yourself, and I do not owe you any
explanation and I am not resposible for your education on any subject
whatsoever.

Thank God, because you wouldn't be able to educate anyone an any
subject whatsoever. As for who's responsible for YOUR education,
well.... I'm sure the webmasters at all the internet's finest porn
sites can answer that question.

Go spit in the mirror and argue with the guy spitting in the mirror if
you are looking for a fight.

Go now, scoot, you piece of ****.

Tsk. tsk. ..... so much anger and hostility.... Seems that whenever you
feel humiliated, or your infinite stupidity is called into question,
you go off on a rampant tirade. No kidding your stereo sounds like
crap.

So.... did you figure out how to print out the L-shape yet, moron? Or
did you try and manage to have your printer blow up in your face?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

Steven Sullivan wrote:

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

that Shippy

"shippy" eh.. Not bad. Better then "shovels" (sorry george)

is the very *apotheosis* of you audiophile subjectivists

You wish.

-- appears to hurt you.

You got the reaction for because of the cheap shot at demagogy and the
debating trade bull****. You know it. Now try looking at yourself in the
mirror and living with it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Fella wrote:

Well if the man has the money what goes up your arse?

I might consider using this as a new .sigfile, and credit it to
you...but I still think it would take far too much *explaining*.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Fella wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

that Shippy

"shippy" eh.. Not bad. Better then "shovels" (sorry george)

is the very *apotheosis* of you audiophile subjectivists

You wish.

I didn't *wish*...Shippy just kind of *happened*. That's called
serendipity.

-- appears to hurt you.

You got the reaction for because of the cheap shot at demagogy and the
debating trade bull****. You know it. Now try looking at yourself in the
mirror and living with it.

? You seem to think *I* should feel shame, rather than amusement, that
one of *your own* has gone so gone so *florid* in public.
Really, all that's happening is that Shippy is taking the subjectivist
tweako worldview to its full flower. It's quite a sight, and
no mirrors are required.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Btw, given that he already employs New Age trooper
Jason Serinus, might I suggest John Atkinson offer a job
to Shippy as well? It couldn't help but make Stereophile
more entertaining.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Fella wrote:
wrote:

Steven Sullivan wrote:

I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

Ow. I 'spect that would hurt almost as much at the truth --
that Shippy is the very *apotheosis* of you audiophile subjectivists
-- appears to hurt you.

Shippy, c'est vous!

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority

I think $24,000 for speaker cables to biamp my stereo would
hurt more.
They should make me want a smoke after listening.

Well if the man has the money what goes up your arse? I for one,
personally, do not give a damn about what other people spend on things.
I just don't understand what bothers you borg so much about it.

SOme people buy cars that cost 1.5 million euros. And what those cars do
is take you from point a to point b. just like a 12 thousand euro car
would. Now, do you show your hairy worn out arse when you see an
expensive car whooshing past you?

Well.. do you?

But still, whatever thousand dollar cables is one thing, *FREE!!!* l
looney tunes garbage bin crazy pinhole aspirin "tweaks" is another. The
dumborg sullivan got what he deserved for taking such a cheap shot at
being a demagog.

Something must be being lost in the translation.
If you were to spend 1.5M euros on a car that performed the same as
the 12K euro car it wouldn't bother me a bit.
I'd think you had a case of conspicuous consumption and most
likely thank you for stimulating the economy and say to myself
there goes an idiot.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

Steven Sullivan wrote:

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.
There *is* a difference between pinhole four legged
animal pictures on aspirin and speaker wire, cd players,
etc. If you don't know what might that difference be
then, try to find it out by yourself, using your own
means, whatever they may be. I have no patience with a
zero credibility scienccece puking borg such as yourself,
and I do not owe you any explanation and I am not
resposible for your education on any subject whatsoever.
Go spit in the mirror and argue with the guy spitting in
the mirror if you are looking for a fight.

Go now, scoot, you piece of ****.

Translation: The truth hurts.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Steven Sullivan wrote:

Btw, given that he already employs New Age trooper
Jason Serinus, might I suggest John Atkinson offer a job
to Shippy as well? It couldn't help but make Stereophile
more entertaining.

I agree. I think I can go a long way to making the mag more
interesting. Thing is, I broached the subject, and now I have a
restraining order against me. I'm not allowed to get within 500m of
any of Atkinson's posts. Oh well. There's always the audio column
in "Paranormal Monthly".

___
-SHP
"I may a racist, a sexist, a plaigarist, and a marxist... but don,t
forget, I'm also a scientist." - Steven Sullivan

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Steven Sullivan wrote:
Fella wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

that Shippy

"shippy" eh.. Not bad. Better then "shovels" (sorry george)

is the very *apotheosis* of you audiophile subjectivists

You wish.

I didn't *wish*...Shippy just kind of *happened*. That's called
serendipity.

I'm sorry. If I knew that obs could ridicule people just by
deflection of ridicule off of me, I'd have happened sooner.

? You seem to think *I* should feel shame, rather than amusement, that
one of *your own* has gone so gone so *florid* in public.
Really, all that's happening is that Shippy is taking the subjectivist
tweako worldview to its full flower. It's quite a sight, and
no mirrors are required.

Really, that's not "all" that's happening. You're taking the
ignorant bigoted dogmatist worldview to its full flower as well. And I
agree. It's quite an amusing sight from where I'm standing.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm not insane?" - soundhaspriority

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Steven Sullivan wrote:
Fella wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Fella wrote:

George M. Middius wrote:

Why are you so angry?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

I think its because he has pulled out if his ass some looney tunes silly
mumbo jumbo foolish rituals (four legged animal pinhole aspirin!!!!!!
Cutting labels off of clothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he calls "tweaks".

Which makes him one of *you guys*.

Shove it up where the sun never shines you dumb borg.

Ow. I 'spect that would hurt almost as much at the truth --
that Shippy is the very *apotheosis* of you audiophile subjectivists

That's supposed to "hurt"? I find it quite complimentary. Thank you!

Shippy, c'est vous!

Hey, you even came up with a decent derisive nick for me. What George
the Geek could never do. Too bad you're a mite too late with that.

__
-SHP
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - Steven
Sullivan

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

Steven Sullivan wrote:

? You seem to think *I* should feel shame, rather than amusement, that
one of *your own*

Some slut of a dumborg you turned out to be... Sad.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Fella wrote:
wrote:
Fella wrote:

But still, whatever thousand dollar cables is one thing, *FREE!!!* l
looney tunes garbage bin crazy pinhole aspirin "tweaks" is another. The
dumborg sullivan got what he deserved for taking such a cheap shot at
being a demagog.

Something must be being lost in the translation.

Yes, it must be your limited understanding of the english language.

If you were to spend 1.5M euros on a car that performed

I am not talking about "perform". I am talking about getting from point
a to point b.

Imagine some saliva wasting dumborg hive demanding that cars should be
DBT'd to find out if there are any differences. Imagine them limiting
the speed of the cars to the lowest common denominator (non-clipping
level matching amps) and taking away all knowledge of which car the
subject is being transported on (blinding, as it were). Under these
circumstances a million euro car and a 12000 euro car would be "going
the same" (as in sounding the same), wouldn't they?

This is just too silly to go on.

Yes it is silly, but you would need a sensory deprivation tank
installed to achieve total null of the ride experience.
My point was that the cables, unless some actual testing data
showed there was an actual difference in the abillity to pass
signal ( and I know that "testing" is the AntiChrist of the
high end audio trade ) that the $8000 cable will perform
the same within statistically valid numbers as 14/2 SJOOW
I mean industrial/laboratory testing. just skip the ears thing.
I also believe that measurement technology being what it is
that the "sound better" "sounds different" "sounds the same"
should be able to be graphically represented.

I have noticed that reviewers of commodities seem to have a
success identity measured by how much product they
positively review.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Fella wrote:
wrote:

Yes it is silly, but you would need a sensory
deprivation tank installed to achieve total null of the
ride experience.

Ok so let's leave it to Arny ol chum to come up with an
ABX box for that, OK?

I think that's a perfect project for Arny :-)

The car companies beat me to it. But, they use a kind of PCABX approach.

My point was that the cables, unless some actual
testing data

First let's test the tests as I think the jury is still
out on those.

As for testing the tests, I'm speaking of comparitive
testing, same input to both cables, varying types of
complex signal, measuring the results of both cables
identically.

One problem is that tests are now so sensitive that everything tests
different at some level of detail. For example, if I did some technical
tests of Monstor Cable's latest money-maker, I might find something like a
0.02 dB difference between the left and right channels of the same set of
wires at 40 Khz. We could then have any number of high end writers stand in
a circle inside a pentagram and argue about whether the 0.02 dB variation
between the channels caused the sound field to collapse into a grey or
purple fog. ;-)

We can get space probes out of the solar system,
we should be able to measure a piece of wire.

Remember, space probes are relatively simple things compared to 2-channel
stereo, or at least that's what the high end ragazines and manufacturers
want people to believe. For example, space probes are so insensitive that
they can even make use of negative feedback, which any audiophile worth his
salt knows is the totally destruction of sound quality. ;-)

My generalization was that the price tag of items tend to
reflect bragging rights and that I'm better than you
because I spent extreme amounts of money on it, not the
level of improved functionality.

I caught some of the Barrett-Jackson auctions on the Speed Channel this past
weekend. Now there are some bragging rights!

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti...2006-bjcca.pdf

It's not the money, it's what you're doing with it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Fella wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:

? You seem to think *I* should feel shame, rather than amusement, that
one of *your own*

Some slut of a dumborg you turned out to be... Sad.

Sad?? Au contraire! Delighted to see you guys embarrassed by the ravings of
one of your own.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Stupey Sillybot displays the refined social graces for which he's well
known.

Delighted to see you guys embarrassed by the ravings of
one of your own.

Indeed, one can readily observe how the Normals have embraced and
encouraged Shovels to spread his valued counsel. Kudos to Sillybot for
pointing it out.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

The tests work great - cables that are technically the same don't sound
different except in bias-uncontrolled and bias-enhanced evaluations.

i.e., Real Life.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Shovels Embraces Wacky Tweaks

Shovels The Limp-Wristed Pouf wrote:

Stupey Sillybot displays the refined social graces for which he's well
known.

Delighted to see you guys embarrassed by the ravings of
one of your own.

Indeed, one can readily observe how the Normals have embraced and
encouraged Shovels to spread his valued counsel. Kudos to Sillybot for
pointing it out.

I couldn't have done it without your encouragement, Shovels. Thanks
for being the first to try my tweaks! It gave me the confidence to post
many more afterward.

If it weren't for you and me battling the nasty, evil objectivists, I
think that they would have taken control of this group a long time ago.

- soundhaspriority
"Don't be too hard on yourself, Shovie. You can always take some
classes in remedical English to improve your spelling ability. ;-)" -
George "Shovels" Middius

"Shovie has his own kind of spelling. It involves lots of perorations.
" - George "Shovels" Middius

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

The tests work great - cables that are technically the
same don't sound different except in bias-uncontrolled
and bias-enhanced evaluations.

i.e., Real Life.

No, ordinary average everyday life.

Note that Art can't tell the difference between real life and ordinary
average everyday life. It probabaly has to do with the fact that he can't
conceive of anything but that which is ordinary and average.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com

If it weren't for you and me battling the nasty, evil
objectivists, I think that they would have taken control
of this group a long time ago.

Why should RAO and RAHE be any different from all the other audio groups in
Usenet?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Fella wrote:
wrote:

Steven Sullivan wrote:

[...]

Nor do I, but it bothers me that people are trying to convince others
that it is impossible to get the same level of performance for less,
when thay is in fact the case.

SOme people buy cars that cost 1.5 million euros. And what those cars do
is take you from point a to point b. just like a 12 thousand euro car
would. Now, do you show your hairy worn out arse when you see an
expensive car whooshing past you?

Well.. do you?

Not a bit, but if car manfuacturers were trying to make people think
that the couldn't go from a to b UNLESS they spend the 1.5 million,
that would bother me, and I thinkn people would want to be informed
that it was not true.

Obviously that concept is one that people aren't likely to believe. In
audio however, that has been exactly what manufacturers and some
ragzines are trying to have us believe about audio performance, and
except for loudspeakers it's mostly not true.

But still, whatever thousand dollar cables is one thing, *FREE!!!* l
looney tunes garbage bin crazy pinhole aspirin "tweaks" is another. The
dumborg sullivan got what he deserved for taking such a cheap shot at
being a demagog.

Yet there ARE comapnies trying to promote stuff that is not that far
removed from SHP's tweaks. $600.00 volume knobs and green ink on CD's
are not that much different, are they?

WELL ARE THEY?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

Well if the man has the money what goes up your arse? I
for one, personally, do not give a damn about what other
people spend on things. I just don't understand what
bothers you borg so much about it.

Indifference about truth versus lies noted.

The problem is not about spending money, its about being deceived into
thinking that excessively large amounts of money must be spent to get a
given level of sonic performance.

Let's face it - if the amount of money spent on things meant nothing to you
Fella, then you wouldn't get so bent out of shape when someone points out
that equal or better sound quality can be obtained for a lot less money.

Some people buy cars that cost 1.5 million euros.

If money meant nothing then it would not raise even one eyebrow were someone
to point out a $15,000 car that did everything just as well and looked just
as cool and ran just as reliably.

And what those cars do is take you from point a to point b.
just like a 12 thousand euro car would.

Excluded middle argument noted.

Most of us know and agree that 25,000-35,000-55,000 well spent gets you a
car that provides many clearly tangible benefits over a $12,000 cheapie.

Good sound is not the same as just getting from point a to point b. Good
sound is like getting there in comfort and style.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

The tests work great - cables that are technically the
same don't sound different except in bias-uncontrolled
and bias-enhanced evaluations.

i.e., Real Life.

No, ordinary average everyday life.

Note that Art can't tell the difference between real life and ordinary
average everyday life. It probabaly has to do with the fact that he can't
conceive of anything but that which is ordinary and average.

Not true. I can recognize every one of your superlative ****s.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

The tests work great - cables that are technically the
same don't sound different except in bias-uncontrolled
and bias-enhanced evaluations.

i.e., Real Life.

No, ordinary average everyday life.

Note that Art can't tell the difference between real
life and ordinary average everyday life. It probabaly
has to do with the fact that he can't conceive of
anything but that which is ordinary and average.

Not true. I can recognize every one of your superlative
****s.

Eat up!

It's as close as you'll ever get to having part of my tail. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Let's face it - if the amount of money spent on things
meant nothing to you Fella,

The amount of money that *I* spend means a LOT to me Arn.

Nahh, you're like a sailor on leave.

The amount of money that *others* spend means almost
NOTHING to me.

Can't tell that from what you post.

then you wouldn't get so bent out of shape when someone
points out that equal or better sound quality can be obtained for a
lot less money.

Arn old chum I recently auditioned a $1000 transparent
power conditioner thingy (a used one at that) and liked
what I heard. I also auditioned a $20 emi filter bought
from the radioshack equivalent of these parts of the
woods "clas ohlson":

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H50D32AEC

The "Nätavstörningsfilter" in that page ..

Which had a much more profound, background silencing,
effect on my system. So I bought it and am using it and I
am not "bent out of shape". It actually performed much
better then the mysterious and better looking transparent
block and I was actually quite happy about it that I
saved some $1000 as opposed to getting "bent out of
shape".

Proves nothing.

OTOH, yes, it *is* true that generally one does not get
high performance cheap. Actually, as a general rule of
thumb, one is never rich enough to buy cheap.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

The tests work great - cables that are technically the
same don't sound different except in bias-uncontrolled
and bias-enhanced evaluations.

i.e., Real Life.

No, ordinary average everyday life.

Note that Art can't tell the difference between real
life and ordinary average everyday life. It probabaly
has to do with the fact that he can't conceive of
anything but that which is ordinary and average.

Not true. I can recognize every one of your superlative
****s.

Eat up!

It's as close as you'll ever get to having part of my tail. ;-)

you're too busy trying to sell it.