CH

Default How do I encode Voice and Music Content with Windows Media Audio 9 Voice

How do I encode Voice and Music Content with Windows Media Audio 9 Voice
codecs
and not the regular series 9 codecs?

Go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...=AudioQuality#

and you'll hear a demo of Windows Media Audio 9 Voice codec of 8kbps
compared
to a standard 8kbps codecs and the old one sounds real bad and the
new one sounds great.

Combined Voice and Music Content with Windows Media Audio 9 Voice

"Until now, low-bit-rate codecs have been optimized for either music
content or voice content, but not both. Windows Media Audio 9 Voice is
the first-ever mixed-mode voice and music codec and delivers a much
improved experience for content such as radio broadcasts, advertising,
e-books, or voiceovers. This demo compares today's most common voice
codec with Windows Media Audio 9 Voice at 8kbps. Try it now to hear the
difference"

It sounds like 64kbps MP3. I tried the windows series 9 encoder encoder
but can't get anything to sound even close to the 8kbps demo they have
posted.

What am I doing wrong?

Also how do I do a simple batch encoding of about 50 or 100 MP3
files to Windows Media Audio 9 Voice codec of 8kbps?
Ricky W. Hunt

"CH" wrote in message
How do I encode Voice and Music Content with Windows Media Audio 9 Voice
codecs
and not the regular series 9 codecs?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

CH

Ricky W. Hunt wrote:

"CH" wrote in message
How do I encode Voice and Music Content with Windows Media Audio 9 Voice
codecs
and not the regular series 9 codecs?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

tHANKS FOR THE LINK BUT i ALREADY HAVE THE SERIES 9 ENCODER. I just
can't
get results like the demo, not even close. Has anyone else had any luck
with it
or use another program to encode that codecs? I'm taliking about the low
bit rate
voice codecs not the regular one.

"Windows Media Audio 9 Voice - A unique new hybrid voice and music codec
for AM radio-style audio streams over low-bandwidth networks, WMA 9
Voice is designed to do something that no other audio codec does well
today: Play back streams that are primarily voice, but feature some
music (through advertisements and intro pieces, primarily). Previous to
WMA 9, Microsoft shipped the same proprietary voice codec that
RealNetworks markets as RealVoice, but WMA 9 Voice offers a 20 percent
compression improvement over that technology, and better sound quality.
"Today's voice compressors butcher music," Majidimehr said, "And music
compressors don't work on voice, s's get lispy, and there is echo." What
WMA 9 Voice offers is a tiny 8 Kbps stream with AM-quality audio that
sounds great with voice or music. This codec will help AM radio stations
and other sources of voice content to get online quickly and cheaply."
Ricky W. Hunt

"CH" wrote in message
Ricky W. Hunt wrote:

"CH" wrote in message
How do I encode Voice and Music Content with Windows Media Audio 9

Voice
codecs
and not the regular series 9 codecs?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

tHANKS FOR THE LINK BUT i ALREADY HAVE THE SERIES 9 ENCODER. I just
can't
get results like the demo, not even close. Has anyone else had any luck
with it
or use another program to encode that codecs? I'm taliking about the low
bit rate
voice codecs not the regular one.

If you drill down through that page there are whole pages on how to optimize
low bit audio with voiceovers especially.

John Phillips

I tried it very quickly because this is interesting to me also, here is what
I did.

Go to the encoder link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

Click on the Download button to install
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series

After installing the encoder go to the help system and it will tell you step
by step how to do the Voice encoder.
In the Help Contents Tab: Customizing a session | Optimizing video and
audio | Optimizing audio for voice.

John

"Ricky W. Hunt" wrote in message
"CH" wrote in message
How do I encode Voice and Music Content with Windows Media Audio 9 Voice
codecs
and not the regular series 9 codecs?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

Kurt Albershardt

CH wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...=AudioQuality#

and you'll hear a demo of Windows Media Audio 9 Voice codec of 8kbps
compared to a standard 8kbps codecs and the old one sounds real bad and
the new one sounds great.

I just checked out their demos of WMA9 versus MP3. Since the first selection was uncompressed WAV it played back through my RME and HD600s so loudly that I had to open up TotalMix to drop the headphone volume--at which point I noticed that (a) it was hitting overs every few seconds and (b) the meter was within a few DB of FS the whole time. This is a recording of an acoustic guitar, allegedly to be used for comparing the audio quality of music codecs! Second selection had the same problem. AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!