paul packer

Default What is meant by 'timing'

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:20:34 +0000, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

paul packer wrote:

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:18:02 +0000, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

I am enough of a scientist to know that my own opinions on the sound of a
piece of audio equipment can be prejudiced by ...how good looking the company rep was.

Eh?

A joke, not avery funny one I'm afraid.

Well no, there's probably a chuckle in there somewhere. :-)

Default A bug eater's life

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Poor Mickey. I'm feeling a little regret over the way I keep kicking you.

That's OK, though, because high end merchandise is not aimed at the
likes
of Arnii Krooger.

Smart people?

I don't know what you're grunting and straining to get out, Mickey, but I
do feel compassion for your pain.

It's marketed to Normals of sufficiently high station in life who are
able
to appreciate it.

Stupid people with money?

I think all the Normals should take a breath here and reflect on whether
we've been overly mean to poor Mikey. As Morein has noted, poor Mikey is a
Special Person. Perhaps, instead of continually mocking and spanking him,
we should coddle him a little more. After all, he's obviously oblivious to
how Normals perceive him.

Like that keeps me up nights.

He doesn't realize we're expending effort to
humor him; he believes we feel challenged by his inchoate mutterings.

Sometimes. Mostly I just figure you ignore anything that makes sense.

Mickey, I am a little sorry for some of the meaner things I've said about
you. On some occasions, I went further than your nastiness warranted.

You do that to anybody you disagree with.

realize you can't help being a basket case, and I should make a greater
effort to indulge you when you throw your tantrums and foam at the mouth.

Never happens.

Perhaps in the future, I'll be able to maintain a higher standard of
tolerance when you turn into Mr. Mikey-Hyde.

I wonder what it is you think you know, because it's almost a certainty that
you have it wrong.

wrote in message ...

I think all the Normals should take a breath here and reflect on whether
we've been overly mean to poor Mikey. As Morein has noted, poor Mikey is
Special Person. Perhaps, instead of continually mocking and spanking him,
we should coddle him a little more. After all, he's obviously oblivious
how Normals perceive him. He doesn't realize we're expending effort to
humor him; he believes we feel challenged by his inchoate mutterings.

Mickey, I am a little sorry for some of the meaner things I've said about
you. On some occasions, I went further than your nastiness warranted. I
realize you can't help being a basket case, and I should make a greater
effort to indulge you when you throw your tantrums and foam at the mouth.
Perhaps in the future, I'll be able to maintain a higher standard of
tolerance when you turn into Mr. Mikey-Hyde.

As a compassionate conservative, I will join in. As long as I don't
have to hear form Mikey about how road systems can be developed without
the underlying threat of eminent domain.

Ooooh look another mistake.

Robert Morein

ink.net...

wrote in message ...

[...]

Mikey, when you eat a cricket, do you pull the legs off first?

John Atkinson wrote:
Roger Thorpe wrote:
What do they mean when they say that Crasnovorsky Thumpolux transistor
radio, now available at 'only' 180 euros with real wood veneer, has
excellent 'timing'

Martin Colloms wrote about this phenomenon for Stereophile in 1992.
See http://www.stereophile.com/reference/23/.

Thanks for posting the above, although I disagree with the above. A
sample from the above:

"the vinyl LP disc possesses a powerful and effortlessly musical
content, with an easy, fundamental rhythmic stability and solidity.
Interestingly, this innate character"

So apparently just being a vinyl LP gives the recording all these
wonderful qualities.

"With analog, one can listen through the blemishes and be aware of a
strong musical message, one in which the music's flow, pace, and tempo"

That's assuming the turntable's motor is turning the LP at the correct
speed all the time.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

The Audio Critic Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 605 March 10th 05 10:43 PM
Timing Michael Mossey High End Audio 58 January 7th 05 08:19 PM
A note of thanks for the help one and all re warmup timing and heaters John Andreen Vacuum Tubes 3 October 22nd 03 01:22 AM
Loudspeaker timing Sam Audio Opinions 111 October 7th 03 12:55 PM