Default Denon avr-3300 problem

Hi,

My folks had the Denon 3300 for about 5 years with no problems. A
couple of days ago they called and complained that they were getting
sound but no picture on the television. The Denon serves as a switch
for composite and svhs (DVD, VCR, DirecTv reciever, LD player) As a
quick fix I told them to route a composite cable quickly from the
Directv reciever to the TV directly.

When I came home yesterday, everything was working fine, through the
Denon I could see Directv and DVDs. However, today as I tried to hookup
a new DVD player, again there is the no picture problem. More
specifically
1) There is sound on all the sources, just no picture, neighter through
SVHS nor composite
2) There is slight hissing from the speakers even at low volumes. As I
recall, the Denon 3300 was ultra silent with no static.

I tried resetting the microprocessor. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Biz

Its old, might be time for a replacement or send it in for repair. Most
modern gear is not home-repairable, especially something as complicated as
that AV receiver. If everything works correctly bypassing the reciever, an
you are sure you havent screwed up the video functionality by changing some
settings, you have no other options...

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Denon avr-3300 problem [email protected] General 1 October 20th 05 10:56 PM
CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 09:47 AM
Problem With Alpine Head Unit/Type E Subs (Part 2) Brian Lamendola Car Audio 3 May 25th 04 04:58 AM