Lionel

Default Site for McMoron's litter

In , Signal wrote :

http://www.pptkids.org/

I cannot believe that this could exist in 2005.

"Think about it. President Bush says that "societies are built by knowing
right from wrong." How do kids learn right from wrong? How did you learn
right from wrong? How could a person's daily actions make our country
stronger? How does your faith in God help make your little part of America
a better place?"

It remembers me this :
http://www.gfs.diepholz.de/archiv/linguae2/di4/
http://www.ac-orleans-tours.fr/hist-...lot/PHOTO5.jpg

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Signal wrote :

http://www.pptkids.org/

I cannot believe that this could exist in 2005.

"Think about it. President Bush says that "societies are built by knowing
right from wrong." How do kids learn right from wrong? How did you learn
right from wrong? How could a person's daily actions make our country
stronger?

When people realize that doing the right thing benefits everybody.

How does your faith in God help make your little part of America
a better place?"

It contains a code of ethical behavior, not a perfect one to be sure, but
there are useful things that when adhered to help people to bring order to
their lives. Of cousre, it is corrupted in part by the fact that it
requires faith, which antithetical to reason, which is how humans survive
and how civilizations evolve.

From the skimming of the webiste I did, it seems that they are asking for
God to guide the actions of people in government, in order to help them make
our country a better place.

There are also simple lessons about some of the past presidents, that may
instill a desire for learning more about these men. Not a terrible thing.

It remembers me this :
http://www.gfs.diepholz.de/archiv/linguae2/di4/

Then you have a very big disconnect Lionel, there is nothing Nazi like in
the pptkids web site.

http://www.ac-orleans-tours.fr/hist-...lot/PHOTO5.jpg

Yet another example of a disconnect. Even though one is not religious,
doesn't mean there is nothing useful in religious training. In a country
like ours, where the majority of the people express some belief in some form
of religion, we are not in any serious danger of becoming a theocracy, we
have Constitutional protection against a state religion and of church and
state merging. There is also the ACLU and other organizations working
tirelessly to remove God from as much of American life as they can.

BTW instead of using the phrase "this remembers me," it should be this
reminds me.

While I am an atheist and I do agree that religion, particularly
Christianity has been responsible for many evils over the course of history,
it is also fair to state that it has also done much good. There are people
in the world who would not eat or have a place to live or food to eat
without the efforts of religious charity.

A more balanced view of religion and its good and bad points could not hurt.

surf

"Signal" wrote...

Something like 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God, yet you're still
a bunch of *******s.

Then I guess all Brits are a bunch of stupid, pompous snobs.
Fair?

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

http://www.pptkids.org/

I cannot believe that this could exist in 2005.

"Think about it. President Bush says that "societies are built by
knowing
right from wrong." How do kids learn right from wrong? How did you learn
right from wrong? How could a person's daily actions make our country
stronger?

When people realize that doing the right thing benefits everybody.

If folk took Dubya's lead they'd all be feathering their own nests.

You mean earning a living?

How does your faith in God help make your little part of America
a better place?"

It contains a code of ethical behavior, not a perfect one to be sure, but
there are useful things that when adhered to help people to bring order to
their lives.

Something like 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God, yet you're still
a bunch of *******s.

At least you don't make sweeeping generalizations.

Even though one is not religious, doesn't mean there is nothing useful
in religious training.

Stupid, stupid ba......

Yes you are.

dizzy

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:59:23 +0100, Signal wrote:

Something like 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God, yet you're still
a bunch of *******s.

It's the one's who claim to believe in God who are the problem. Take
W, for example.

paul packer

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:32:58 GMT, "
wrote:

[...]

Thoughtful post, Mike. Keep it up.

(But watch out for Trevor Wilson. If he reads this post you've had
it). :-)
meammrmustard

Signal wrote:

Something like 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God, yet you're still
a bunch of *******s.

Watch that.

1. I don't believe in god.

2. I'm not a *******. I'm an asshole.

3. I'll have to get over there (UK) one of these days. I have a few
words for Liz.

4. We don't publicly say what we think of W. People end up in the Gulag
for that you know.

--meanmrmustard

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:32:58 GMT, "
wrote:

[...]

Atheism is one of the few things he and I agree on.

You might just consider the idea that I put as much thought into audio,
beleive it or not.

paul packer

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:07:06 GMT, "
wrote:

Thoughtful post, Mike. Keep it up.

(But watch out for Trevor Wilson. If he reads this post you've had
it). :-)

Atheism is one of the few things he and I agree on.

You might just consider the idea that I put as much thought into audio,
beleive it or not.

My name's Paul, not Robert. :-)
Arny Krueger

wrote:

Thoughtful post, Mike. Keep it up.

(But watch out for Trevor Wilson. If he reads this post
you've had it). :-)

Atheism is one of the few things he and I agree on.

You might just consider the idea that I put as much
thought into audio, beleive it or not.

My name's Paul, not Robert. :-)

I was just imaging a world where everybody who was arrogant
and clueless and didn't know it, had the same name.

paul packer

wrote:

Thoughtful post, Mike. Keep it up.

(But watch out for Trevor Wilson. If he reads this post
you've had it). :-)

Atheism is one of the few things he and I agree on.

You might just consider the idea that I put as much
thought into audio, beleive it or not.

My name's Paul, not Robert. :-)

I was just imaging a world where everybody who was arrogant
and clueless and didn't know it, had the same name.

You mean so they'd all answer to Arnie Krueger? Yes, it would save
having to remember individual names. Good idea, Arnie. You're
improving.

wrote:

Thoughtful post, Mike. Keep it up.

(But watch out for Trevor Wilson. If he reads this post you've had
it). :-)

Atheism is one of the few things he and I agree on.

You might just consider the idea that I put as much thought into audio,
beleive it or not.

My name's Paul, not Robert. :-)

Yes, I know, it was your words I responded to.

New Microphone Review Web Site [email protected] Pro Audio 5 July 29th 05 04:10 PM
Free Ipods JayD7217 Vacuum Tubes 1 April 25th 05 01:06 AM
McCarty's LIBEL site is NOT a COMPANION of ALT AUDIO MARKETPLACE [email protected] Marketplace 1 January 23rd 05 09:47 AM
Basic Car Audio Electronics Site Perry Babin Car Audio 0 December 8th 03 01:29 AM
John Hardy Co. web site is now online John Hardy Pro Audio 0 October 8th 03 07:46 AM