Default Technics ST-K50 ON/OFF/ON by itself. Help!

Hope someone has a few minutes to think about this one.

Lately our Technics "ST-K50" receiver has been acting up.
It will turn on, then off repeatedly at any time. It also is turning
everything else that is plugged into it on and off as well. When it is shut
off with the remote control, it will come on again by itself at any time. It
doesn't seem to care if the unit is warm, cold, hit, whacked, upside-down.
etc...

I have had the unit out from the setup it is plugged into, on it's own, and
it will do the same thing. I have had both circuit boards out of it, plus
the two front circuit board panels, and have re-soldered every connection,
and I mean EVERY CONNECTION to eliminate a possible cold-soldered joint. I
have wiggled every component on the board with an "insulated poker" while
the unit was on (no success). Still random clicking on and off. I have even
tried covering the front panel "remote control eye", hoping for some kind of
difference.

I have fixed many other devices in the past that had either a dried up and
shorted "Electrolytic capacitor", or a "cold soldered" joint. I have checked
also for any broken traces in the board with no success.

Some valid ideas would greatly be appreciated. The system works too good to
junk it. It is surely something simple, but what?

Thanks
Mark