JohnV

Default Radio ohms

Im replacing my 4 factory radio speakers which are 8 ohms with Pioneer
6870's which are 4 ohms. I know that 4 ohms requires 2x the power, will that
be too much of a strain on a factory radio?
Thanks
John

Kevin McMurtrie

"JohnV" wrote:

Im replacing my 4 factory radio speakers which are 8 ohms with Pioneer
6870's which are 4 ohms. I know that 4 ohms requires 2x the power, will that
be too much of a strain on a factory radio?
Thanks
John

Probably. Replace the HU or add an external power amp.
Eddie Runner

it should work fine, dont worry about it!!

Eddie
installin since 1974

JohnV wrote:

Im replacing my 4 factory radio speakers which are 8 ohms with Pioneer
6870's which are 4 ohms. I know that 4 ohms requires 2x the power, will that
be too much of a strain on a factory radio?
Thanks
John

Dark1

JohnV wrote:

Im replacing my 4 factory radio speakers which are 8 ohms with Pioneer
6870's which are 4 ohms. I know that 4 ohms requires 2x the power, will
that
be too much of a strain on a factory radio?
Thanks
John

Likely will be fine.. but my personal advice, if you haven't spent the money
yet, spend it on an amp instead..
I usually find replacing just the speakers in a stock system even makes it
sound worse (stock speakers are usually more efficient, so the factory amp
doesn't need to be driven into clipping to reach the same sound level)
nice clean power headroom does much more for your sound..
Perhaps I'm a little out of place, but, just some advice.. don't get your
hopes up on how those new speakers will sound..