Dale Atkin

Default Sony CD Player Tuner Cuts out

I have a Sony CD Player in my car (not sure of exact model, but I can check
if it makes a difference). Every so often, when I turn the car on, the tuner
(most of tthe time tuned to FM) plays only static. If I retune the stereo
(by pressing the preset button) the radio comes on with no trouble. I really
don't know what might cause this, seems to me like some defect inside the
unit (maybe forgetting where it is tuned to or something).

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Dale