bo

Default Sorry if this posts twice, but I'm having car stereo MP3 problems.

Hi there,
I'm really frustrated and hope that someone here can help me or point
me in the right direction.

I purchased a JVC KD-SX980 stereo that has an MP3 Input jack on the
front face plate. Until a couple of months ago I never had a need to
use it. But now I've got a couple of MP3 players and want to listen to
my tunes in the car.

Apparently I should just be able to program the stereo to use the "LINE
IN" option on the AUX setting, plug it in and go!

When I do that, I don't get any sound from my stereo. JVC Customer
Support was clueless. Told me to reset the stero and all should be
fine. Nope.

I have an audio cable (male-to-male) that plugs into the headphone jack
of the MP3 player and the other end plugs into the front of the stereo.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd really appreciate any
ideas or suggestions... thanks so much!

barb

Rick Brandt

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:06:03 -0800, bo wrote:

[...]

I have the exact same unit and it works fine. All you have to do is push
and hold the CD button for a few seconds and it will switch to the
Aux input source. If yours doesn't then it's broken. The "Line-In"
setting you're describing only controls what is displayed. It does
nothing to control how the source switches or works.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...

bo

Thanks so much!
I got it to work. I was always just pressing the button... not
HOLDING it. I can't believe that's all it took. (I feel kind of
silly now) But I wanted to say thanks.