Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Default Are there any shreds of credibility left for global warming?

Looks like Colesy is getting religion in his old age:

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

If you're a Catholic, better make sure you have a young priest with a
strong heart when you go to confession. A priest who doesn't have the
heart of an ox might fall down dead of shock when he hears of the
crimes you've committed out of overweening pride that you know better
what is good for everyone else than they do themselves.

Andre Jute
There used to be a better class of social engineering thug around...
Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
PeterD PeterD is offline

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

And mythology has what to do with this?

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

If you're a Catholic, better make sure you have a young priest with a
strong heart when you go to confession. A priest who doesn't have the
heart of an ox might fall down dead of shock when he hears of the
crimes you've committed out of overweening pride that you know better
what is good for everyone else than they do themselves.

Andre Jute
There used to be a better class of social engineering thug around...

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
datakoll datakoll is offline

TOURING west coast n-s with turns inland: ecological devastation is
impressive. Once there were trees and now ? Vast areas denewdead for
heat and cooking.
Had several ops to speak with fellow gawkers askinjg: "do you knwo
that once..."? shocked they are. "This was once a forest"?

Monterey Bay has a vry long term that is not since AL Gore study
showing Bay temps rise continuously over time.

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

And mythology has what to do with this?

Well, that was the question. First, Jobst gave us a lot of crap to get
that old testament prophet thing off his chest, then I asked what
connection the link he gave had with his rant, then Colesy, snipping
my question to Jobst to mean something else again, quoted the bible,
then I pointed out to Colesy that the passage he quoted isn't a
license for genocide either by banning DDT or by Global Warming-
inspired restrictions on the growth of the poor countries, now you
come and demand what the third cousin of a ******* branch of the
thread has to do with mythology. Which mythology, pal, global warming
or Christianity or that irrational wishy washy-wishful-world Colesy
lives in? Or even the mythical links in Brandt's mind that persuades
him he's a legend in his own lunchtime (he is, but it doesn't pay for
old men to dwell too much on past glories); in that respect Jobst is
more sane than Colesy, for sure.

Quite so, eh.

Andre Jute
A little precision isn't a bad thing on a tech conference

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

If you're a Catholic, better make sure you have a young priest with a
strong heart when you go to confession. A priest who doesn't have the
heart of an ox might fall down dead of shock when he hears of the
crimes you've committed out of overweening pride that you know better
what is good for everyone else than they do themselves.

Andre Jute
There used to be a better class of social engineering thug around...

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Cole Peter Cole is offline

Andre Jute wrote:

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

I didn't ban DDT, nor did anybody in America, not for mosquito control,
anyway.

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:49:20 -0800 (PST), datakoll
wrote:

TOURING west coast n-s with turns inland: ecological devastation is
impressive. Once there were trees and now ? Vast areas denewdead for
heat and cooking.
Had several ops to speak with fellow gawkers askinjg: "do you knwo
that once..."? shocked they are. "This was once a forest"?

Monterey Bay has a vry long term that is not since AL Gore study
showing Bay temps rise continuously over time.

New Hampshire was once almost (99%) cleared, farmland. Now it is
mostly forrested. Did you know that?
Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Default Banning DDT: the original model for the even bigger genocide the

On Dec 13, 5:12*am, Peter Cole wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

I didn't ban DDT, nor did anybody in America, not for mosquito control,
anyway.

This is spelt s-o-p-h-i-s-t-r-y but it smells like pure grade A
bull****.

First, it is an admission that Americans were responsible for banning
DDT as a crop pesticide. That's a genocide of a couple of hundred
million already, killing poor people by starvation.

Second, Colesy's limp-weasel excuse makes American guilt worse. If it
had been one or more Americans specifically banning DDT for mosquito
control, we could have put him or them in the dock in The Hague for
crimes against humanity, to wit a genocide (bigger than Stalin's or
Hitler's or Pol Pot's or Mao's -- yup, a champion genocide all by
itself) by avoidable malaria that could not be avoided once DDT was
banned. And DDT was effectively banned, and it was done by Americans
telling the aid agencies they would cut off their funds if they
permitted DDT to be used.

So, to the charge of genocide against the arrogant American left for
banning DDT for mosquito control, we must add the deceitful means, the
hypocrisy of pretending to kill tens of millions of the poorest people
on earth for their own good, and the dishonesty of the present lying
by the likes of Peter Cole to weasel out of a national shame.

Peter Cole in fact admitted all that as well in our earlier
correspondence when he smugly told us how "we" (meaning the American
people through their elected and appointed representatives) were no
"permitting" poor Africans limited use of DDT for mosquito control,
and preening for congratulations for his humanitarianism. Instead, as
I pointed out, it is a claim that Americans should dispose of the
lives of hundreds of millions elsewhere on the whim of agitators who
knew DDT was not dangerous to humans, and that it would kill at least
tens of millions, but who wanted to show the elected politicians that
street power counted. That is a genuinely petty motive for a genocide
by now amounting to more than 220,000,000 people.

You and all your kind are despicable, Colesy. I've advised you before
not to argue with me on this. The facts are incontrovertible and I
have no pity for the likes of you: I shall put them on the table.

Not a single case of DDT-induced cancer in humans was ever proved
before or after DDT was banned, yet that was the reason given for
banning it. The genocide caused by the banning of DDT was just a small
sample of what will happen via the law of unintended consequences if
we blunder ahead with anti-global warming measures which have no
scientific backing whatsoever -- in fact, less justification than the
banning of DDT, an artificial substance, as CO2 is a naturally
occurring gas, in fact the food without which the rainforests will
starve.

Andre Jute
The Earth has a lot of practice looking after itself. It still will
long after Man is gone.
Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

**Citing some old book with no scientific credentials makes zero sense. Just
like you and Krueger.

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

**Idiot. DDT is still in use. It is die to the Darwinian resistance
developed by insects that has all but reduced it's usefulness. It's
deleterious effects on more complex creatures (like humans) have further
restricted it use.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

**Citing some old book with no scientific credentials makes zero sense. Just
like you and Krueger.

Nah, I wouldn't presume to swap biblical texts with Arny; a man's
religion is his own business as long as he practises it only with
other consenting adults, doesn't abuse children or captive snakes, or
try to enforce it on me by any means including bombs (up yours too,
Osama).

But I gave the text from the King James Version of the verse Colesy
referenced so that those barbarbians, like Trevor Wilson for instance,
from unChristian homes would also get it.

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

**Idiot.

Moi? Noooooo!

DDT is still in use. It is die to the Darwinian resistance
developed by insects that has all but reduced it's usefulness. It's
deleterious effects on more complex creatures (like humans) have further
restricted it use.

Actually, fellow, DDT was banned because some lefty street corner
agitators wanted to demonstrate their political muscle to the elected
representatives, who despicably caved in to minority group pressure.
But don't let the facts interfere with your self-righteous mouthing-
off, dear Trevor.

Trevor Wilsonwww.rageaudio.com.au

All that rage is misdirected, dear Trevor. You aren't bright enough to
want on my side, but there must be some group who wants that much
rage, some charity, abused women perhaps...

Andre Jute
The IPCC -- longest hand job in the history of mass hysteria -- has
now lasted twice as long as the Third Reich

PS: Yo, you AGA boss trolls, this Trevor Wilson pretends to be an amp
mechanic..
Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
datakoll datakoll is offline

Default AS TEMPS GO DOWN BS GOES UP !

TWANG BIP BILLY BILLY BOP BOP DULANG DUHLANG
BYLO SELLHI HESMYGUY DUWHADUWHA
AS Ghandi said: "sure is a lotta **** on the road"

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over
every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

**Citing some old book with no scientific credentials makes zero
sense. Just like you and Krueger.

Nah, I wouldn't presume to swap biblical texts with Arny; a man's
religion is his own business as long as he practises it only with
other consenting adults, doesn't abuse children or captive snakes, or
try to enforce it on me by any means including bombs (up yours too,
Osama).

**I would argue that raising one's child by filling that child's head full
of religious claptrap constitutes child abuse. IOW: Any adult who
deliberately introduces religious claptrap to a child should be prosecuted.
After that child reaches legal adult-hood, then they may decide to make
their own mind up about such nonsense.

But I gave the text from the King James Version of the verse Colesy
referenced so that those barbarbians, like Trevor Wilson for instance,
from unChristian homes would also get it.

**Nope. Not me. I've read the Bible. As an historical document, it is
pitifully inadequate. As a philosophical one, it is hugely flawed. IOW: It's
usefuleness is severely limited. I waste not one second on it.

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by
starvation.

**Idiot.

Moi? Noooooo!

**Qui. Vous.

DDT is still in use. It is die to the Darwinian resistance
developed by insects that has all but reduced it's usefulness. It's
deleterious effects on more complex creatures (like humans) have
further restricted it use.

Actually, fellow, DDT was banned

**Read this, mon ami (BTW, I have now exhausted my entire knowledge of the
French language):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ddt

"Today, 4-5,000 tonnes of DDT are used each year for the control of malaria
and visceral leishmaniasis, with India being the largest consumer. India,
China, and North Korea are the only countries still producing and exporting
it, and production is reportedly on the rise."

because some lefty street corner
agitators wanted to demonstrate their political muscle to the elected
representatives, who despicably caved in to minority group pressure.
But don't let the facts interfere with your self-righteous mouthing-
off, dear Trevor.

**I suggest you study some science (gee, where have I heard that before?)

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Dec 14, 5:31*am, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

I've read the Bible.
--
Trevor Wilsonwww.rageaudio.com.au

And still you turned out to be a hi-fi dealer? Clearly, the Bible
isn't as efficacious in rehabilitating hopeless cases as the myth
assures us.

Tsch, tsch!

Andre Jute
Calvinist. My place is reserved.

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Master Betty[_2_] Master Betty[_2_] is offline

Peter Cole wrote:

[...]

snip

In St Peter's square, right next to the basilica, there is a billboard for
an Elec. Company in Italy. In the middle there is a obelisk stolen from
Egypt. It goes on....

Jim

Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Ouroboros Rex Ouroboros Rex is offline

Peter Cole wrote:

[...]

DDT was never banned for malaria abatement. Ever.