Default Zone 2 "Presenence Speakers" Not Working Yamaha RXV657

I recently bought the Yamaha RX-V657 AV Receiver but have had no luck
with the zone 2 option that control my outdoor speakers. Yamaha has
simply quoted excerts from the owner's manual when contacting their
support.
I beleive the problem is in the speaker set up. When I check the
setting for all speakers, the "Presence SP" (which are the outputs for
zone 2) are set to "None". When you try to toggle the selection to
"Yes" it does not respond??? Makes sense that I'm getting no output if
the receiver thinks there are no speakers.
I'm begining to think there's a defect with my receiver. Does anyone
out there have any advice?