Perry Lea

Default Loss of 4 channels with Rotel 1066

I have a new Rotel 1066 processor with version 2.26 firmware (latest
firmware you can get on Rotel web site). Last week it started a new and not
very good behavior. On a cold start after sitting in standaby overnight or
several hours, it cuts all audio from my front , ceneter and rear left
speaker. I only get rear right.

I start the unit in this fashion using a pre-progrrammed remote turn
onsequence:
1. Power on television monitor
2. Power on digital cable box.
3. Power on processor. This in turn signals a 12 V to my Monster
Power that stages the power on of my 2 power amps and CD player.

The cable box is connected to my 1066 via an optical cable.

Other notes:

1. When in this dead mode, aI can switch to the CD which is connected
through the analog RCA jacks and all the channels work.
2. Usually if I power it off a couple times it will eventually work.
3. When in this dead mode, I can't get anything but the analog signals to
work. For example, my CD player uses the other optical connect and doesn't
work when I switch to it.

Has anyone seen this problem? Is this a problem with the power on sequence?
Any suggestions are welcomed.