Robert Morein

Default My Review of the Radio Shack Optimus PRO XVI AAA/MK7

I found these speakers to excell in the lower midrange, where the twang of a
bass drum made the hairs fly off my back. It made male vocals sound like
female vocals, which in opinion is an improvement.

Treble shrills were nicely reproduced. I liked the way the singer's every
"sssss" was distinctly reproduced. It was not necessary to raise the volume
on my hearing aid. However, I did find that elementary exercises to clear
the eustachian tubes were essential to the breakin process.

Construction of these speakers is remarkably robust. Countless numbers were
purchased by the U.S. Airforce Marching Band for surreptitious insertion
into tubas. Rumor has it that these speakers were used by General Custer to
blow reville in his fateful day, and my source is known to be reliable.

The unique Optimus construction of heavy cast aluminum is counterbalanced by
the use of materials that spontaneously biodegrade in living room
conditions. Keep these speakers away from drafts, as air currents tend to
cause the decaying foam to lodge in rugs. I have lost several goldfish this
way.

With frequent reconing, however, the Hollow Graphic imaging is something to
behold. It is a transporting experience. The sound is here, there,
everywhere, and nowhere. Look behind you -- it's the solist tapping you on
the shoulder. I know some of you narrow minded folks would rather be
listening to music in the front of you, but that's old thinking.

The only speakers that compare in overall sound quality to the Radio Shack
Optimus PRO XVI AAA/MK7 is the Bose 901.

This is the end of my review, which is mine, and mine alone. I am an
experienced hifi listener, so you know where I'm coming from, and I'm
telling you the truth. Even the hi-fi salesman gave me a knowing nod when he
agreed with me that the Radio Shack Optimus PRO XVI AAA/MK7 were better than
his Thiel 3.6's.

As I said before, this is the end of my review, which I wrote.

Robert Morein

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
I found these speakers to excell in the lower midrange, where the twang of

bass drum made the hairs fly off my back. It made male vocals sound like
female vocals, which in opinion is an improvement.

With great embarassment, I must report the following error in the connection
of the speakers: one set of wires was flipped. This is called "out of
phase."

I have corrected the error by flipping the connections at ALL FOUR wire
ends. When in doubt, be thorough.

I am happy to report that my conclusions about these excellent speakers are
unchanged.

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

I found these speakers to excell in the lower midrange, where the twang of a
bass drum made the hairs fly off my back. It made male vocals sound like
female vocals, which in opinion is an improvement.

We know you're lying because Bwian Mc****head bought up all the
Optimus speakers in a failed attempt to exterminate rogue kangaroos
from Oz.

Robert Morein

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Robert Morein said:

I found these speakers to excell in the lower midrange, where the twang

of a
bass drum made the hairs fly off my back. It made male vocals sound like
female vocals, which in opinion is an improvement.

We know you're lying because Bwian Mc****head bought up all the
Optimus speakers in a failed attempt to exterminate rogue kangaroos
from Oz.

I truly believe that technology such as that encorporated within Bose
901s should be shared with everyone, Germany, France or even less
technologically advanced countries such as the UK. That is why I posted
here, not because of a shortage in Australian kangaroos.

In fact, Sir, let me point out that your assertion is a red herring,
intended to deface my posts into mere rabble.

I recognize these sorts of posts. You've spent thousands of dollars on
fine expensive speaker wires, esocterically engineered speakers, the
"right driver", the right "name" on the front of the cabinet etc. You
have no choice now, either admit to years of being wrong or steadfastly
standing your ground in the face of the science, popularity and audio
technology Bose puts before you.

As long as you enjoy the music. Jeers!

DummyDuffner

Finally.

You acknowledge the engineering genuis and brilliant mind behind the Bose 901 !

No finer speaker exists.

You can take Grand Slamms, Natuli, and all the other overpriced crap out there
and shove it up Bwian's big arse!

Robert Morein

"DummyDuffner" wrote in message
Finally.

You acknowledge the engineering genuis and brilliant mind behind the Bose

901 !

No finer speaker exists.

You can take Grand Slamms, Natuli, and all the other overpriced crap out

there
and shove it up Bwian's big arse!

My point exactly.
Except that the Radio Shack Optimus PRO XVI AAA/MK7 and the 901 were
specifically designed for the above mentioned purpose.