Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default drum samples used in commercial recordings

Hi everyone

I am looking for some deep and solid drum samples to replace my live
kicks and snares. I am going for a more pop sound and I want a really
polished sound.

In most of todays modern rock/pop (nickelback, avril lavigne) I hear
that they tend to be using more or less similar sounding kicks and
snares. They use sounds that are really deep and solid.

I have scavenged through tens of drum sample libraries only to find
piccolo sounding snares and kicks that are tuned way too high. I have
found nothing that sounds deep enough for the kind of music I am
producing.

I have heard some of the sounds from the roland td20 module and was
very impressed. Only problem is I can't warrant the cost of this unit
if I am only wanting a few decent kicks and snares to use in my stuff.
I don't need drum triggers and live stuff.

Could you please list some sample cd collections or cheaper sound
modules that you feel has these sounds I am after. A reference point
would be the kind of rock snare heard in Chris Lord-Alge mixes
(hoobastank, avril lavigne, michelle branch). I know for a fact these
mixers replace drum tracks with samples, I just want to get my hands on
some great quality ones myself. I realize the search for this will go
on probably for the rest of my life but I guess it doesn't hurt to be
pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
David

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DeeAa

wrote in message
oups.com...
mixers replace drum tracks with samples, I just want to get my hands on
some great quality ones myself. I realize the search for this will go
on probably for the rest of my life but I guess it doesn't hurt to be
pointed in the right direction.

If you can do with computers, take a look at the Drumkit from Hell series.
Gggreat.

One thing to make it beefier is make samples yourself. Rec the snare for
instance, pick the best/most powerful hit or maybe a couple in various
levels, adjust to liking, trigger back.

OT Political Blind Joni Pro Audio 337 September 25th 04 03:34 AM
Would Battery (drum sampler) play AKAI brass samples very well? July51980Summit Pro Audio 5 August 6th 03 08:27 PM
Drum Samples In Modern Rock FrankDebro1 Pro Audio 2 July 21st 03 07:27 AM