Chris Fuller

Default fs fairchild 275 tube amplifier

Item: fairchild 275 tube amplifier monobloc
Price:
Seller: radioactive (Click on Seller's name to make contact.)
Membership: Audiophile
Rating: unrated
Location: Canada

i have up for sale an extremely rare fairchild 275 monblock amplifier
from around 1957.this amp is in working conditon and comes with an even
rarer tube cage.the amplifier uses a pr of kt88's for a output rating of
65 watts.it uses an c core transformer which i understand was also used
in some of the marantz amplifiers.the amp will be shipped with a full
set of tubes.the kt88's are mullard and the rest of the tubes are a
mixed variety.the amp also features a variable damping control along
with a gain control.so if you have one of these fine amps and are
looking for a mate heres your oppurtunity to get one.on the other hand
if your just a collector this amp would make an extremely nice addition
to anyones collection.im asking $1500 but am willing to trade toward a
mcintosh mx110 plus cash.cosmetically i give this amp about a 7.5 out of
10.if you have any questions or want more pics send me an email and ill
be glad to answer all inquiries.please send emails to
chris
heres a picture of the amplifier

http://www.audiokarma.org/gallery/sh...cat=998&page=1

arizona cowboy

[...]

great amp, but $1500 for a single monoblock sounds really rich if it doesn't
say McIntosh or Marantz on it, and if you don't have a matching pair

I think this could possibly bring $500 on ebay, and generally things bring
their top market value there.

Chris Fuller

"arizona cowboy" cacheoverflowATyahoo.com wrote in message

[...]

great amp indeed .as for being a little too rich well i'll have to
disagree with that statement.its worth what someone will pay for it and
im sure i can get the price im asking for it.the $500 you mentioned is
more in line for the 255's or 255a's not the 275 or even the 260's for
that matter.just because it doesnt carry those fine names you just
mentioned doesnt mean its not in the same league as them.also take in
the scarcity of these amps and that'll definately up the price too.ill
take any fairchild amp including my pair of fairchild 260's(yes i also
have a pr of those)and put them up against any mcintosh or marantz
equiptment and see who comes out the winner.dont get me wrong i also own
a pr of mc30's but like the fairchild gear just that much more.as for
putting it on ebay i just might do that if i dont sell it soon.keep your
eyes out on ebay it just might turn up there.
have a nice day,
chris

arizona cowboy

you will get no argument from me that the Fairchild is as good or better
than mac or marantz gear, but goodness does not equal price

the market value is set by supply & demand (aka ebay), not sound quality

just look at the price of Western Electric amps

are they 30 or 50 times better sounding than the same amp in the Dynaco or
Heathkit or Eico brand?

DJD

arizona cowboy wrote:

the market value is set by supply & demand (aka ebay), not sound quality

The market value is whatever the seller can get for them. It is the
responsibility of the buyer to do the research to determine if the
asking price is fair and reasonable. Anyone not actually interested in
purchasing the item should not be be commenting on the asking price.

--
Dan

arizona cowboy

arizona cowboy wrote:

the market value is set by supply & demand (aka ebay), not sound quality

The market value is whatever the seller can get for them. It is the
responsibility of the buyer to do the research to determine if the
asking price is fair and reasonable. Anyone not actually interested in
purchasing the item should not be be commenting on the asking price.

--
Dan

The market value is whatever they end up at, when placed on ebay for $1, no
reserve, for 7 days.

Ebay is the audio market these days, so you might as well learn to accept
it.

And for your information, I am interested in purchasing a pair of
Fairchild monoblocks (for current market value), and furthermore, I will
comment on any and everything I feel like commenting on, in this forum and
others, so put another way, UP YOURS!

cowboy

DJD

arizona cowboy wrote:
snipped
UP YOURS!

I see rec.audio.* hasn't changed in my absence.

--
Dan

Andy Cowley

DJD wrote:

The market value is whatever the seller can get for them. It is the
responsibility of the buyer to do the research to determine if the
asking price is fair and reasonable. Anyone not actually interested in
purchasing the item should not be be commenting on the asking price.

I'll comment on what I d*mn well please, thank you very much. It's called
freedom of speech. You may have heard of it.

Andy

DJD

#1 - I didn't address you.

#2 - You're wrong. Virtually all the servers and most of the
transmission lines that carry internet and usenet traffic are owned by
corporations and private individuals and basically they have the right
to limit, censor or remove anything from their servers and transmission
lines they want to. You agreed they have that right when you signed up
with your ISP and accepted their Terms of Service Agreement (TOS) and
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Your contract with your ISP give you
certain PRIVILEGES on their network and servers, so long as you pay your
bill on time and follow their rules. You have absolutely NO rights or
privileges on any other network or servers.

#2A - I have heard of "freedom of speech". More importantly, I actually
understand what Article 1 of the US Constitution (aka, the 1st
Amendment) means, while it is obvious that you do not.

3# - Damn, I know it's too much to ask if anyone reads the Constitution
anymore, but does anyone even bother to read their AUP and TOS?
Apparently not.

--
Dan

DJD

DJD wrote:

3# - Damn, I know it's too much to ask if anyone reads the Constitution
anymore,

I see you're posting from the UK, so I retract this part.

--
Dan

Sander deWaal

DJD said:

3# - Damn, I know it's too much to ask if anyone reads the Constitution
anymore, but does anyone even bother to read their AUP and TOS?
Apparently not.

I haven't, but I call it common sense and civility. :-)

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Chris Fuller

hello to all,
its nice to see so much interest in my for sale post and that everyone
is interested in my fairchild 275(not)
i particulary like when i come to my post on this newsgroup to see 13
posts and figure i have gathered some interest in my product that im
selling but lo and behold its some sensesless fighting about who has the
right to say what they want and wherever they want to say it.true but
dont be crapping on peoples listings .start another damn thread and
start from there.
is my posting and wanting $1500 for the amp that much of a big f'in
deal.im not telling anybody to buy it and if i dont sell it theres no
big loss to me and mabe ill find one for $500 which i was told was more
than likely the fair market value for one of these fine amps.fwiw i
didnt just find this amp sitting in someones old barn and have no
frickin clue as to what it is and possible value.ive been collecting
vintage tube hi-fi gear for the last 15yrs and do know quality when i
come across it and if quality or "good sound" doesnt play a part a
pieces value then why dont we all go buy f'in yorxes and be done with
it.
thats my .02cents on the subject im done.
chris

Jon Yaeger

in article , Chris
Fuller at
wrote on 9/21/04 2:14 AM:

[...]

Chris,

For better or worse, this is an unmoderated forum. This means that any
idiot can post anything that they want, and idiots often do. Just look at
the McCarty / Morein spat that's been running for years . . .

OTOH, your bad-tempered response doesn't exactly encourage a buyer . . .

Chris Fuller

For better or worse, this is an unmoderated forum. This means that any
idiot can post anything that they want, and idiots often do. Just look
at
the McCarty / Morein spat that's been running for years . . .

OTOH, your bad-tempered response doesn't exactly encourage a buyer . . .

john,your right being an umoderated forum i guess does have its
drawbacks thats why im not on the rec sites too much .
as for having a bad temper i suppose i should have let the thread ride
but i couldnt stand to see it turn into a mccarthy/morein thread like
you mentioned.theres so many other productive thing to do with ones time
than what people do on these groups.theyre suppose to be here to help
people with questions etc but instead they do this i used to visit rec
audio all the time but have since found more user friendly ones with no
flames or putting people down.too bad this site isnt one of them. i
suspect there is alot of knowledgable people here that could help people
out with questions but get scared off because of the b.s that goes on.
hopefully one day all the b.s will be gone and everyone will get along
but im not going to hold my breath.
chris

DJD

Chris Fuller wrote:
john,your right being an umoderated forum i guess does have its
drawbacks

snipped

Chris,

It's my fault and I apologize for that. I normally don't post in for
sale threads when I'm not interested in buying, but the low balling
comments irritated me. I've had the same thing happen in ads I've posted
in the past and it pushed a button. Again, I'm sorry for taking your
thread off track, I won't post in it any more.

--
Dan
Andy Cowley

#1 - I didn't address you.

Yes you did. In a public forum which I read.

#2 - You're wrong. Virtually all the servers and most of the
transmission lines that carry internet and usenet traffic are owned by
corporations and private individuals and basically they have the right
to limit, censor or remove anything from their servers and transmission
lines they want to. You agreed they have that right when you signed up
with your ISP and accepted their Terms of Service Agreement (TOS) and
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Your contract with your ISP give you
certain PRIVILEGES on their network and servers, so long as you pay your
bill on time and follow their rules. You have absolutely NO rights or
privileges on any other network or servers.

My ISP doesn't prevent me from commenting on prices and expressing my
opinion of their value for money. I don't believe that any do.

#2A - I have heard of "freedom of speech". More importantly, I actually
understand what Article 1 of the US Constitution (aka, the 1st
Amendment) means, while it is obvious that you do not.

IDGAF what the Amurkan constitution says. It has no relevance to this NG
or to the UK.

3# - Damn, I know it's too much to ask if anyone reads the Constitution
anymore, but does anyone even bother to read their AUP and TOS?
Apparently not.

My AUP certainly doesn't prevent me expressing an opinion on the value
for money of an advertised price, whether I have any intention to purchase
or not. Or on your view that I have no right to comment.

When you wrote :
"Anyone not actually interested in purchasing the item should not be be
commenting on the asking price."
you were wrong. If you make that asking price publicly available then
you invite comment from anyone who sees it.

Andy

Chris Fuller

"DJD" wrote in message

Chris Fuller wrote:
john,your right being an umoderated forum i guess does have its
drawbacks

snipped

Chris,

It's my fault and I apologize for that. I normally don't post in for
sale threads when I'm not interested in buying, but the low balling
comments irritated me. I've had the same thing happen in ads I've posted
in the past and it pushed a button. Again, I'm sorry for taking your
thread off track, I won't post in it any more.

hi dan,
dont worry about it.the thread is already to far gone anyways.i could
write more but ill forgo it and let things stand where they are.regards,
chris

Mingo Sanders

DJD wrote in message ...
((cut))

#2A - I have heard of "freedom of speech". More importantly, I actually
understand what Article 1 of the US Constitution (aka, the 1st
Amendment) means, while it is obvious that you do not.

((cut))

Oops.

Mixing metaphors is one thing, but don't confuse your articles and your amendments.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut....overview.html

ps I hope everyone is happy with the amp they own, sell, buy, hear, borrow, etc.