Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom R

Default Pioneer IP-BUS daisy chain... Pioneer headunit + AUX + Pioneer XM tuner... HELP!

I have a Pioneer DEH-P8500MP headunit. Along with the Pioneer CD-RB20
AUX adaptor, and the Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM Tuner. I have been having
trouble from day 1 connecting the 3 devices. If memory serves me I
have the DC-RB20 AUX adaptor hooked into the headunit, and on that IP
BUS input I have the XM tuner. The XM tuner plays perfectly to the
headunit (radio tags, etc). The AUX also plays but on top of the XM
(the AUX plays across when the source says XM, and on top of the
current XM audio). Obviously that is no good. How can I connect the 3
units up so that I have seperage AUX and XM sources to choose from
(they do not play together?). The AUX device is a direct RCA input
(not a CD changer).

This is what it looks like now...

DEH-P8500MP ----- CD-RB20 (with RCA's going to computer) ------
GEX-P910XM

Should I run it:

DEH-P8500MP ------ GEX-P910XM ----- CD-RB20 (with RCA's going to
computer)

Finally what if I wanted to install a CD changer also over IP-BUS...
where would that hook in? (AUX after the changer, or before, etc?)

Thanks SO much, I am SO sick of tearing my car apart :-)