Posted to rec.audio.opinion
shosh shosh is offline

Default Need advice about selling NOS equipment

I have a question about selling factory sealed audio gear that's been
sitting in a basement for decades. This involves both tube and
transistor items.
If I put it up for sale on ebay should I open the box and photograph
the contents to show they've not been damaged over the years or leave
the sealed cardboard box intact to show it's never been opened or
used? How would you rather buy it?
Thanks for your advice.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"shosh" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a question about selling factory sealed audio gear that's been
sitting in a basement for decades. This involves both tube and
transistor items.
If I put it up for sale on ebay should I open the box and photograph
the contents to show they've not been damaged over the years or leave
the sealed cardboard box intact to show it's never been opened or
used? How would you rather buy it?
Thanks for your advice.

From looking at this stuff for years, I'd say the most attractive option is
to open the top of the box to show the unwrapped or uncovered part or
equipment inside...in many cases it is clearly visibile. While asserting
honestly, of course, that that is why you opened the box. You might even
want to have somebody of you opening the box, with a before and after to go
along with it.