muffbuster

Default Amps: One box or two?

Hi merc,

Regrettably, the 10w6 is a virtual power heatsink.

If you're not looking to make your ears bleed... it should work fine.

This particular sub is well known for its ability to absorb power. JL
recommends somewhere between 250 and 500 watts for it and I'd have to
agree. Obviously, everyone's interpretation of "loud" is different...

Get wild... get two Blaupunkt PA2150s from Crutchfield for $400. Bridge
one to 400x1 and leave the other in stereo at 150x2. Almost no space,
really efficient and killer output.

Heck... maybe it's time to sell off my monster amps and go small.

smiles,
Jamie

In article m, merc
93 wrote:

Thanks for the info and advice!

As for specifics;

Mark: which 4 channel amp(150x2 and 250x1), in the same price range as
the JLs, would you recommend?

Jamie: Would a four channel which puts out 75x2 plus 180x1 drive the
Adire Koda 6.1 components and a JL Audio 10w6 loud enough to hear well
with the windows down and the sunroof open?

Thanks again for your help!

PS(added) - I plan on mounting these amps on the sub box and i have 30
inches wide by 12 inches deep to work with...
--
merc 93
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!

Headphone amps JohnCM General 2 March 13th 04 09:23 AM
FA: Eico 667 Tube Tester for Amps, Hi-Fi. tw General 0 March 5th 04 06:18 AM
DIY valve amps Phillip Evans General 1 August 21st 03 08:00 PM
2 amps and one set of speakers - ok? GregS General 7 July 17th 03 02:05 PM
WTB: old school amps The Lizard Car Audio 0 July 1st 03 12:10 AM