-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Default What is a "Driver"

In home audio they do call them "speakers", regardless of the number of
"drivers". but each "speaker" in a speaker (eg. in a 3-way speaker, a
tweerer, midbass, and woofer) is a driver. damn. its just a english language
thing. ****ing people up all over the world.

"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote in message
I understand the distinction between "driver" and "speaker" to be

entirely
different from your point of view. I've always heard "speaker"

referred
as a set of drivers sharing an enclosure. Used in a sentence...a home
speaker often consists of several drivers.

Interesting, because I have always seen people (manufacturers, salesman,
commentators etc) refer to individual drivers as speakers as well.

That's often true as well. Sometimes the terms are used interchangeably.
But I've never heard a speaker (ie. a set of drivers in a single

enclosure)
referred to as a driver. So I think whereas "speaker" can be used to
describe both things, "driver" is used only for the individual units.

The Lizard

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:
In home audio they do call them "speakers", regardless of the number of
"drivers". but each "speaker" in a speaker (eg. in a 3-way speaker, a
tweerer, midbass, and woofer) is a driver. damn. its just a english language
thing. ****ing people up all over the world.

With respect to Mees VanDerwou, "The devil is in the details."

Thanks for canning the ebonic gutter-talk, btw. You sound more
intelligent, and in car audio that's often just as important as knowing
your stuff.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

wata gwaan

underdig, you trick reptile ass mother****a. i express myself however i